Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Aruba

Moving to Aruba

Hello to the forum,
    We are English living in Canada.My wife works for Deloitte accountants,she is a tax advisor on VAT(British)and Hst (Canadian and Usa) sales tax.She also prepares tax returns and sales tax returns for Canada and USA.She would wish to work in Aruba.
    I am a Realtor and I also renovate homes for resale,Flipping.I too would wish to work.
    Q: Am I correct in thinking if I purchase an existing business and we became directors we would gain access to Aruba?Could we then also work?
    My Idea is to purchase some rental properties as a business.
    We are in the very early stages of our research.Canada is great but Im blooody freezing :-)
    Paul.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

sorry to hear that you are freezing up north

i recommend that you contact the immigration office in aruba and ask the same questions.
    are you looking to establish residency in aruba?
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyc View Post
    Hello to the forum,
    We are English living in Canada.My wife works for Deloitte accountants,she is a tax advisor on VAT(British)and Hst (Canadian and Usa) sales tax.She also prepares tax returns and sales tax returns for Canada and USA.She would wish to work in Aruba.
    I am a Realtor and I also renovate homes for resale,Flipping.I too would wish to work.
    Q: Am I correct in thinking if I purchase an existing business and we became directors we would gain access to Aruba?Could we then also work?
    My Idea is to purchase some rental properties as a business.
    We are in the very early stages of our research.Canada is great but Im blooody freezing :-)
    Paul.

Residency yes,it would be all in for us.

There are restrictions on business ownership in Aruba particularly around the percentage of ownership. Realtors are not regulated to the same extent as in Canada. You need to consult an immigration lawyer.

Slow down and learn about the realities of Aruba residency. Also, you must have an Aruban director in your company at 51% or better. residency is not gtedd through business ownership

At one time Deloitte used to have an office in Aruba. You might contact your personnel department and see if they are still there. To work for a company in Aruba you would need to have them "sponsor" her. Don't know exactly how it works but that is one thing to try. As for real estate - that is a tough business - credentials are not needed - just put out a sign. I for one would never get into that profession on the island

I thought I read on link in the forum that if you buy an existing business no need for a partner??If my wife was transfered for work would this allow me to work as her spouse?

Aruba since 1979
    Please contact the Aruba Dept of Immigration.
    They will answer all questions that you may have.
    http://www.dimasaruba.aw
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-11-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Too much guess work! I think it's best to go directly to DIMAS for accurate information. Welcome to the forum nobbyc!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyc View Post
    I thought I read on link in the forum that if you buy an existing business no need for a partner??If my wife was transfered for work would this allow me to work as her spouse?
    I used to work for one of the big three consulting firms - I can guarantee you that your wife's company (Deloitte) knows all the ins and outs of moving countries as they do a lot of transfers for the consulting practice and they also have a division that specializes in foreign business acquistion. I would recommend starting there.

Deloitte also has an office in Aruba:

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_AN/a...t-us/index.htm

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast