Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thewliskitten

Thread: Moving to Aruba from England with cats

Moving to Aruba from England with cats

Hello
    i'm new to the site.
    i have joined to find out more information about moving to Aruba.
    Me & my Mr are moving to Aruba either end of this year or beginning of next year from England.
    We will be bringing our 3 cats with us ( 1 Siamese & 2 domestic medium hairs) which i am a bit anxious in doing.
    Ours cats are indoor cats, which shall also be the case when we move.

I have done a bit of research into what we need to do to bring them with us, but wanted to ask advice to whether i have got things correct

We are flying with KLM from London- Amsterdam- Aruba. I have heard KLM are the best to fly with animals.
    We have already got our cats micro chipped & i understand they need a health certificate no longer than 2 weeks before we travel.
    I am not sure if the need a pet passport as they have been micro chipped & will have a health certificate.
    As England is a rabies free country, i do not think they need rabies shots?

Am in the process of finding suitable carriers for them that meet regulations.

i think this is everything we need to do.

does anyone have any advice/tips? i am very nervous about moving our cats

thank you

Aruba since 1979
    You HAVE done your homework and it looks to me like you are well on your way to having your cats all set.
    what is a pet passport? AND……..welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

you may want to private message forum member SUGAR or BillStellR.
    they both are very active in a pet rescue organization ARF-Aruba and spend lots of time sending dogs and cats to new homes. they are are both very familiar and experienced with the entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by thewliskitten View Post
    Hello
    i'm new to the site.
    i have joined to find out more information about moving to Aruba.
    Me & my Mr are moving to Aruba either end of this year or beginning of next year from England.
    We will be bringing our 3 cats with us ( 1 Siamese & 2 domestic medium hairs) which i am a bit anxious in doing.
    Ours cats are indoor cats, which shall also be the case when we move.

I have done a bit of research into what we need to do to bring them with us, but wanted to ask advice to whether i have got things correct

We are flying with KLM from London- Amsterdam- Aruba. I have heard KLM are the best to fly with animals.
    We have already got our cats micro chipped & i understand they need a health certificate no longer than 2 weeks before we travel.
    I am not sure if the need a pet passport as they have been micro chipped & will have a health certificate.
    As England is a rabies free country, i do not think they need rabies shots?

Am in the process of finding suitable carriers for them that meet regulations.

i think this is everything we need to do.

does anyone have any advice/tips? i am very nervous about moving our cats

thank you

thank you. we are all very excited for the move!
    i am not entirely sure what the pet passport is, but it kept cropping up when i searched the internet for information about moving our cats.
    i shall drop them a line & ask them for advice

Hi thewliskitten

a big question for you. Won't you miss the world renowned English rain in Aruba and get homesick?.

We did a whole lot of stuff when we moved to Aruba with our cats. Got there and no one checked anything. But don't assume that will be your case. I think you just need a certificate of health dated w/i 10 days of your flight that says your cat has had their shots for rabies. Micro chipping is just a good thing to do.

What you need to know is that having a cat in Aruba is different than the UK or US. Please PM me so we can talk.....

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi thewliskitten

a big question for you. Won't you miss the world renowned English rain in Aruba and get homesick?.
    Lol certainly not