Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danadog56

Thread: Moving to Aruba just got more difficult

Moving to Aruba just got more difficult

The govt passed a law stating that you can only be on the island 180 days out of the year now. It use to be you could be there for 90 days and leave the island for 24 hours and then go back. BOOOOOO!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    isn't the 180 day ruling a few years old?
    i know that friends that own houses there, have to be counting their days and keeping track (as does aruba immigration).

The 180 day time limit has been on the books for at least 3 years that I know of. . . . The problem is trying to figure out how they count the days and what the time between the 180 limit is. I have asked a few times and never got a real answer. I do know that it does not run on a calendar year basis. . . . .

Tom and Stanley

Many countries have the 180 day rule.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

well, I plan on hitting the lottery any day now, buying a home on the island, paying off the government to get citizenship and solving the whole problem in no time flat !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Banned
    I also believe that the 180 days is counted in a calendar year. A friend of mine who is married to an Aruban told me that. Before they were married, she was always counting her time...January to January. I've never seen it in writing though. I asked her what would happen if you overstayed the 180. She said you would have BIG trouble w/immigration upon your next return.