Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Moving to Aruba -- What to bring?

Fascinating stuff Aquaman.

Out of curiousity, how long from the day your belongings were packed and arrival in Aruba?
    How long did it take for clearance of your items through Aruban Customs and delivery to your villa?

edited
    Last edited by lizzardo; 09-26-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Arubalisa
    They take the cargo usually in Miami and load them onto a boat - then that boat drops off stuff (in our case the panama canal) and then puts the containers on smaller ships to go to each island.
    Last edited by lizzardo; 09-26-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaThinking View Post
    My family and I are being transferred to Aruba for work. We will be shipping a car there but unsure of what kind of car to buy. My question is, what cars are popular and easy to get parts for?
    The same question as for motorcycles. I see George rents Yamahas but are there other motorcycle dealerships in Aruba? We would like to bring a couple small motorcycles as well.
    Any advice on what to bring and what not to bring would be greatly appreciated.

If you have read some of the other posts on the forum it looks as though the number one thing you should bring is a lot of patience...

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    If you have read some of the other posts on the forum it looks as though the number one thing you should bring is a lot of patience...
    LOL...Perfect. That and a bottle of sunscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Fascinating stuff Aquaman.

Out of curiousity, how long from the day your belongings were packed and arrival in Aruba?
    How long did it take for clearance of your items through Aruban Customs and delivery to your villa?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Busy with new Villa. Excavating pool, dealing with utilities and others. To answer you it took 38 days from door to door ( Toronto to Aruba) and unpacked into new Villa. It took 1.5 days to get through customs clearance here. Customs came for the opening of container and were pretty decent. Had I known that some of the items had such a high customs tariff, we would not have brought certain things. Mirrors, furniture and mattresses are all high tariff items, even if used!!

The container was delivered to the Villa at 10:30am and removed from the street at 1:30pm. Pretty quick service.

I thought I'd add some more information on shipping items to Aruba via sea container. My husband and I have a vacation home in Aruba and we ship items for the villa from the USA to Aruba ~1 once per year. There is a great company in Aruba called Complete Logistics and they move containers from the Port of Miami, Florida every Friday and the containers arrive in Aruba ~ 5 days later (they also work with Port of New York and the Netherlands also). Complete Logistics (operated by Claudio Mata) handles all the work to clear the items through customs and will even deliver to your home (or property manager). The great thing about Complete Logistics is that they handle FCL (Full Container Loads) AND LCL shipments (Less than full container loads). This means that you can ship a LOT of stuff to Aruba and pay for the whole container (this is the most cost effective option) or you can ship just a few items / boxes and only pay your portion of the container - it is the best of both worlds. So we use this service frequently. It works great for shipping new merchandise to my home in Aruba. I simply do my odering on-line and designate the warehouse in Miami Florida as my "ship -to" location. Complete Logistics receives all the shipments for me, and when all items have arrived, they load them in their sea container and I have them in Aruba by the end of the next week. Easy peasy. If anyone would like more information, feel free to send me a PM.
    Last edited by SkiChris; 11-04-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    I thought I'd add some more information on shipping items to Aruba via sea container. My husband and I have a vacation home in Aruba and we ship items for the villa from the USA to Aruba ~1 once per year. There is a great company in Aruba called Complete Logistics and they move containers from the Port of Miami, Florida every Friday and the containers arrive in Aruba ~ 5 days later (they also work with Port of New York and the Netherlands also). Complete Logistics (operated by Claudio Mata) handles all the work to clear the items through customs and will even deliver to your home (or property manager). The great thing about Complete Logistics is that they handle FCL (Full Container Loads) AND LCL shipments (Less than full container loads). This means that you can ship a LOT of stuff to Aruba and pay for the whole container (this is the most cost effective option) or you can ship just a few items / boxes and only pay your portion of the container - it is the best of both worlds. So we use this service frequently. It works great for shipping new merchandise to my home in Aruba. I simply do my odering on-line and designate the warehouse in Miami Florida as my "ship -to" location. Complete Logistics receives all the shipments for me, and when all items have arrived, they load them in their sea container and I have them in Aruba by the end of the next week. Easy peasy. If anyone would like more information, feel free to send me a PM.
    Great information! Thanks!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12