Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Moving with a Dog

Moving with a Dog

Has anyone else recently brought a dog to Aruba? We are getting conflicting information saying that as of March 1, 2016, we can only bring our dog through the IPATA and we just received a quote of $1,840 to fly from Phoenix to Aruba. Our family is flying for $220 each, so how can it cost this much for our poor puppy?

Wow! That is a heck of a lot of money for transport - how big is the dog?

It seems that American is the only carrier that will still transport dogs, but since policies change all the time I would strongly suggest contacting the carriers directly to confirm.

Take a look at this thread: Bringing your large dog to Aruba ?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i would recommend contacting forum members:
    Sugar
    BillstellaR
    Luvsun

they all deal with or have dealt with bringing dogs to and from aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Wow! That is a heck of a lot of money for transport - how big is the dog?

It seems that American is the only carrier that will still transport dogs, but since policies change all the time I would strongly suggest contacting the carriers directly to confirm.

Take a look at this thread: Bringing your large dog to Aruba ?

Wow is my only thought on the price. Good luck making it work.

Thank you for all the replies. What I have found now is that the US government changed the laws and will not fly live animals if it is over 85 degrees outside. Living in Arizona and flying through Miami to Aruba, all of those cities are generally over 85 degrees! Now I am wondering how this place who wants to charge us the exorbitant amount is even going to do it. I am at a loss. Our Molly is a family member and it's not like we are coming without her! I'm now thinking of looking into how she qualifies as a "Service Dog"!

How big is your dog? We had someone working real hard to make sure a dog made it home safely and I recall there being a date that it had to occur by because of the heat I believe but my memory could be a bit foggy.

I have seen a Dog in a crate at the airport ...I hope you can take your dog you can't leave it behind . It's part of your Family.
    Good news it costs us 1500 for 2 to fly to Aruba ..So it's about the same for your Dog...
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    How big is your dog? We had someone working real hard to make sure a dog made it home safely and I recall there being a date that it had to occur by because of the heat I believe but my memory could be a bit foggy.
    You are probably remembering when I was trying to get a dog to the US from Aruba back in Feb. She was being transported in cargo. We got her transported right before Delta quit transporting large dogs. I believe that American is the only one still transporting dogs as cargo to Aruba, and I think that they stop during certain months, due to the heat, but I'm not certain about that. I wish the poster the best of luck. I can't imagine having to leave my dog behind.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by TammyZuschlag View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. What I have found now is that the US government changed the laws and will not fly live animals if it is over 85 degrees outside. Living in Arizona and flying through Miami to Aruba, all of those cities are generally over 85 degrees! Now I am wondering how this place who wants to charge us the exorbitant amount is even going to do it. I am at a loss. Our Molly is a family member and it's not like we are coming without her! I'm now thinking of looking into how she qualifies as a "Service Dog"!
    It's for the safety of your dog! If it's too hot, your dog is at risk of dying! Especially if there is a stop or more (not direct flights) and your dog can be left in a create for hours in the heat!

Is there a way to arrange for a direct flight for your dog? From a different state?

When will you be moving? Summer is approaching and it's getting hotter and hotter. Would fall be an option?

By law if you get a letter regarding your dog is a "service dog" even for anxiety relief.... I do believe it is illegal to ask somebody with a "service dog" what their handicap is..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast