Here is some additional info:

Traveling with Pets

http://www.visitaruba.com/traveling-to-aruba/traveling-with-pets/

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    And some great info here:

Pet Passport Aruba

http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/aruba.cfm

Thanks again for all the replies. Things are looking up at this point. No, we will not leave her behind. We have found United Airlines will fly her to Miami (direct), then Amerijet takes it from there. We are waiting on their rates, but I am thinking this isn't going to be even close to the crazy quote we received from petsfly.com. We have also had friends offer to keep her until we figure things out, but she is like my third daughter and it would crush me to leave her. As anxious as I am to make the move to Aruba, I certainly don't want to arrive there being sad about anything!

Also FYI for anyone in the future, I contacted the Vet Association in Aruba and they responded immediately just to confirm the documentation we will need to bring our dog with us. The Aruba side of bringing the dog seems to be extremely easy - it's the U.S. that makes things difficult!

Glad it's working out
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Great news! Glad things are looking good for your pooch and you!

When you live on Aruba, please be aware that there are many ticks, fleas as well. Where I live in Texas, it's not bad. I buy Advantix which repels and kills ticks, fleas and mosquitoes. Here, we don't have to use it often.

Please keep us updated and safe travels for you all!

Thanks for the flea/tick reminder! We are in Arizona, where we basically have none in the desert, but remember we need to get her started on that medicine.

Hooray for Aruba!!!!

CK1
    You are most welcome!

I just remembered: you will as well need heart worm preventative in Aruba. We use "Heartgard Plus".

Our vet recommended to NOT give both at once, the heart worm preventative and the flea/tick preventative as it's more difficult for the dog to handle. Instead, give the heart worm preventative, then wait two weeks, then treat your dog with the tick/flea preventative.

I would as well recommend, that you stock up on those preventatives as they might not be available in Aruba or at a much higher price.

Even with the tick preventative, I would check the dog regularly for ticks, just to make sure: his entire body, especially neck, inside ears, between toes.

Here are some additional tips regarding ticks. On a more positive side: the ticks in Aruba do not carry Lyme decease.

http://www.wikihow.com/Kill-a-Tick

Try seresto collars for flea and ticks; last for eight months too. Also I get my heartworm plus medicine without a rx at vetshopmax. com prices are cheaper too.
    Still go to the low cost clinic for their shots. Then a yearly with proof of everything to their vet. Save tons..

Quote Originally Posted by TammyZuschlag View Post
    Thanks for the flea/tick reminder! We are in Arizona, where we basically have none in the desert, but remember we need to get her started on that medicine.

Hooray for Aruba!!!!

I use Earth Animal Flea & Tick - it's all natural, basically garlic, that protects from the inside out - herbal, anti-fungal, anti-viral powder that I sprinkle in their food. They don't mind it at all, and I love the fact that I'm not using any horrific chemicals on them. Less expensive in the long run. I haven't had a single tick since we've been using this program and my dogs walk in the woods every day. Might be something to check out
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast