Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Moving with a Dog

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I use Earth Animal Flea & Tick - it's all natural, basically garlic, that protects from the inside out - herbal, anti-fungal, anti-viral powder that I sprinkle in their food. They don't mind it at all, and I love the fact that I'm not using any horrific chemicals on them. Less expensive in the long run. I haven't had a single tick since we've been using this program and my dogs walk in the woods every day. Might be something to check out
    As I'm all for natural as well, unfortunately, you still have to be cautious, with pets and people as well! One of our doctors warned up about buying herbal supplements as some can do more harm than good.

I never heard of the product you are using, Jacki. But I checked it out on Amazon.com, their reviews are mixed. One customer even gave a clear warning about garlic being poisonous for dogs and cats. I have read before not to give garlic to dogs or cats. But I'm not a vet, just going with my gut feelings.

http://www.amazon.com/Earth-Animal-F.../dp/B00AKELXAW

Garlic Toxicity and Pets

http://www.petinsurance.com/healthzone/pet-articles/pet-health-toxins/Garlic-Toxicity-and-Pets.aspx

Update on relocating our dog from Phoenix to Aruba - we are 99% complete with the process. She will be flying United Airlines from Phoenix to Miami. Once she arrives in Miami, a transfer service named Pet Limo will be picking her up and taking her to Amerijet, who will fly from Miami to Aruba. Since Amerijet only flies to Aruba once a week, she is going to join us almost a week after we arrive, and our dear friends in Phoenix will be "babysitting" for five days after we leave. We are also waiting to finalize her health certificate which has to be done within 14 days of her departure. The health certificate has to be submitted by a USDA endorsed vet and then approved by the USDA as well. So many steps, but she's worth it and it's only costing us about half of the initial quote!

Glad it is going to work out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for the update and the details.

All fingers, toes and paws over here are crossed for your doggie that everything works out great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123