Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dr.mess

Thread: Newbie with questions!

Smile Newbie with questions!

Hello! First off what a great board loaded with tons of information.

My husband and I are considering putting in for a job transfer to Aruba. I've been researching this site for the last few days and between reading over what his job will offer and what the island has to offer and we are leaning towards possibly putting in for this job.

My main question is what is island life like for children. I've researched the international school where I believe our children will attend but are there many young families there? We are very into doing things outdoors and currently live near a beach so all of our children are familiar with being near the water.

I appreciate your comments!

Aruba since 1979
    the international school has a nice little campus in the wayaca neighborhood.
    (not far from the airport)

island life for kids is something that i think is very laid back.
    just like in the usa there is a Y, youth soccer, little league baseball, swim lessons, dancing lessons.
    it is an enriching opportunity that should be considered.

i encourage you to read lots in the family vacations category

and.......welcome to the community forum

most impotent thing is that the island is very very safe. people are very laid back, but i cant help you with how the school are here, but im sure if you come move down here you and your family will enjoy your time here

OH ya bring lots of sun screen tho ! lol