Aruba Beach

Thread: Notary When Purchasing A Re-Sale Home

Notary When Purchasing A Re-Sale Home

Hi Everyone:

We're thinking of buying a vacation home in Aruba and I'm a little confused about the role of the notary in the real estate deal.

Would we also need to hire our own lawyer to protect our interests in the transaction? I think I understand the role of the notary to facilitate the transaction... just not sure if they also work to make sure the deal is equitable, legal, liens and taxes are legitimately researched, the clauses are worded to protect us properly etc.

Thank you, in advance, for any info you can provide.

I would be more than happy to assist you. If you PM me with an email address, I will answer your questions and go over our experience.

John

Thanks Aquaman. I have to post three times before I can PM users other than staff so I hope this counts as my second post!

Aruba since 1979
    stephen PM me your email and i will pass it on to john

thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Thanks Aquaman. I have to post three times before I can PM users other than staff so I hope this counts as my second post!

Hi Andrea - I'm now getting a message that I have to wait 1440 minutes until I can send a PM! I'm starting the timer...

Aruba since 1979
    if you want to send PM thru me, i can at least forward them on for you

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Hi Andrea - I'm now getting a message that I have to wait 1440 minutes until I can send a PM! I'm starting the timer...

I say get an attorney, it may cost $1,500, but they will review the contract to make sure u r protected.

No need for an attorney the notary in Aruba is authorize to handle all legal aspect of purchasing a house, once they sign the deed it is official
    for all of your aruba tour needs! http://www.wixtours.com/

Hi Act1966,
    FYI - my husband and I are also in the process to purchase a property in Aruba. We've been visiting properties since May and are in process to purchase a home currently. We've learned a lot throughout the process so I'd be happy to share any information. The biggest tip I can give to you is make sure you include the Transfer Tax in your estimate for closing cost when you are planning your budget for purchase. Transfer Tax is 6% of the total purchase price (this is in addition to the Deed fees)...this tax is big. Feel free to send me a PM if there is any additional information I can provide.