Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Oranjestad-Harbour House

Oranjestad-Harbour House

Looking at the proposed new development in Oranjestad called a Harbour House. Can anyone provide some feedback on living in that area near the cruise port as well as the development itself. Thanks. Any information would be helpful.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum!

you need to google harbour house aruba.
    there are many many links there.

the main building of the complex has been there for years, early on, there were some difficulties with the building being up to"code" and other issues of which i am unaware.
    we drove by it on wenesday and it appears that a full renovation is in the works.

the location is DIRECTLY alongside where the cruise ships tie up.

Quote Originally Posted by pjcoach View Post
    Looking at the proposed new development in Oranjestad called a Harbour House. Can anyone provide some feedback on living in that area near the cruise port as well as the development itself. Thanks. Any information would be helpful.

Welcome to the forum! Have you been to Oranjestad before? No beach, and very crowded when ships dock.

Aruba since 1979
    very crowded

here is what the place looks like now.

Oranjestad-Harbour House-advnseas3.jpgthe building with the blue awnings is what will be the harbour house

If you want to be downtown it's a great location. Glad to see it is being renovated and put to use. Like others have said, it'll be busy when the ships are in port and no beach access.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Wow. Very impressed with quick feedback. Thank you. Yes, we do know that it will be a busy location. We like the idea of having easy access to a variety of things.
    If anyone has additional insight I would be happy to hear.
    Have a great day.

Aruba since 1979
    You are welcome!
    Are you familiar with the downtown harbor and marina area?
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcoach View Post
    Wow. Very impressed with quick feedback. Thank you. Yes, we do know that it will be a busy location. We like the idea of having easy access to a variety of things.
    If anyone has additional insight I would be happy to hear.
    Have a great day.

I have seen cruise ships dock directly in front of it. Your ocean view will be a cruise ship view up close and personal.

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum.

I am really happy to see something happening with this property.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Both my friend and I purchased condos there - It is going to be really nice and reasonably priced - they are going to have boat access that will take you to Nikki beach-we met with the developer- they let us make some changes to our units no problem- It is in a busy area but we wanted to be near action at a reasonable price and with the boat access It was a win win for us- they do have a lot of plans for that whole area- it’s going to be awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast