Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Other Home Owners

Purestone,

Glad to hear this got fixed. There is another device that will reduce the pressure in the line and you might want to pick that up here in the states by your local plumbing supply house and take it with you. My pressure in Savaneta is tan bueno as well. I never open the shower valve more than a little.

Good luck. Stay cool.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

sounds like water pressure might be an issue every where. We talked to customer service at the Web folks and they said they will send someone out to check the pressure and she said they can adjust it or fix it if need be which it obviously needs to be. She said we are the first ones from Ruby to mention it. The plumber did offer to install a pressure valve for 400AFL. We will see if we can get it fixed by Elmar first. My husband is a civil engineer you have no idea how this drove him crazy for months. He did figure out the problem on his own so we are back to a not so crazy house.

I've been back on the island for a couple of days now and WEB put a new water meter on and automatically included the lock out valve I mentioned. The pressure in my house is WAY UP from before and it was solid before. I checked all my pipes, valves, and internals to be sure things were holding. Looks good.

Next week, say around 12 July or so, I'll be posting a new section on my blog called "Aruba Practical" and it will include photos of things like water meters, water heaters, furniture stores, things that may be of interest to people who want to live on the island.

Of course there will be other wacky posts about the local scene as well, all at the blog mentioned in my signature.

Thanks.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Smile

you are wonderful!!!! that will help us tremendously!

It's sad to hear about this going on there. I think people just take advantage of the fact that you are not there most of the time. This is when they try to penetrate and try to make do with whatever it is they can take advantage of.
    A friend of mine who is a Columbus real estate agent mentioned something similar that happened to her a couple of years back, weird really.

Unfortunately, "stealing" water is a frequent occurrence on the island - I honestly don't think there is bad intent, it is just convenient and it is also an expensive resource. There are two options I know are effective:
    1. if you need water for landscaping, you can purchase exterior tap covers that lock with a padlock
    2. if you do not need water while away, you can shut and lock the water with a padlock at the meter - this is what we do.

One thing to keep in mind . . . if you do choose to keep your water on, even locking the exterior taps, be aware that interior leaks are known to occur . . . nothing worse than flooding your home while you are away . . . now THAT would be a huge expense - damage AND oh yes, water sage which you will have to pay . . .

One small detail, you refer to Elmar which is the electric company - you need to contact WEB, who manages water and sewage.

Michael

As always it is good to share information. But this thread if from about 3 years ago. We took care of it back then. It was a leak in one of our outside pipes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12