Aruba Beach

Thread: part time work in aruba for a brit

part time work in aruba for a brit

Hi everyone!

Coming to Aruba in January for a couple of months. Have looked into work permits and visas etc so know the law.

What I am wondering is how strictly it is enforced. My main reason for coming is to relax but it always nice to be be able to earn a bit of extra cash as a waitress or behind a bar when your travelling.

Will this be possible without a permit and is it worth asking around.

Thanx

Danni

Quote Originally Posted by british View Post
    Hi everyone!

Coming to Aruba in January for a couple of months. Have looked into work permits and visas etc so know the law.

What I am wondering is how strictly it is enforced. My main reason for coming is to relax but it always nice to be be able to earn a bit of extra cash as a waitress or behind a bar when your travelling.

Thanx

Danni
    In addition to knowing the law regarding work permits, most jobs in Aruba also require that you speak Dutch and Papiamento along with English.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

aruba

Hi Amy and anyone else whocan help, my father is Dutch but I have a british passport so I understand and speak basic dutch. I have lived in Spain before and so will have no probs with papiamento.

What I am wondering is how strictly the rules regarding visas are enforced and if I could get a part time bar job etc while I was there without a visa.

Thanx

part time work for brit

Hi everyone!

Thanx

Aruba since 1979
    an employer probably would not want to "chance it"

if aruba immigration catches wiind of you working illegally you will undoubtedly go to the slammer and then be deported at your own expense
    and
    the person that employs you illegally will be fined.

good luck

maybe working "under the table" as an errand boy/housekeeper kind of job would be the only option.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You heard it from Andrea...hello slammer...