Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paying Property Taxes Online

Paying Property Taxes Online

Hello: we received our first property tax bill from the Servicio di Impusesto. Does anybody know what bank code you're supposed to select when setting up the payee in online banking? Is it '5555'? We're banking with RBC. Thanks for any info.

Look on the bottom of the bill. It lists all the account numbers for their accounts at different banks. If you have an account at one of those listed, just transfer from your account to theirs. Be sure and include your tax account number and keep a copy of the transaction just in case. . . . I have done this for the last few years with no problems. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Hi

I also use RBC here in Canada. I use my online banking with RBC. Go to International Transfers and you can setup Impuesto. It works no problem. Made a payment last week and it was received by them 2 days later.

How much does the transfer cost with RBC in Canada? How do you pay your utility bills from Canada? We just bought a house in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
    How much does the transfer cost with RBC in Canada? How do you pay your utility bills from Canada? We just bought a house in Aruba.
    If you have an RBC account, set up online banking. With this done, sign in and go to International Transfers. Enter Impuesto ( or others Bank account info) and send the amount. The cost is $13.50Cdn

Hope this helps

Thanks Aquaman, that would work well for an annual fee like taxes, but what would you suggest for the monthly utility fees like ELMAR, WEB, SETAR etc. That would be quite expensive to add $13.50 for each transaction. Is opening a bank account with RBC in Aruba difficult?

My suggestion, and what we have done in the past, is to open an account with CMB or ArubaBank and do a larger transfer to that account. Then set up a standing order with ArubaBank that will automatically transfer from your account to each of the utility companies. Another option is to set up an online account with each utility and pay it yourself from your Aruba or RBC account. The simplist is the standing order method and it works really well. You need to be on the island and visit the bank to set this up. It is possible to have a Power of Attorney do this IF you already have an Aruban bank account. If you do and need a referral for an honest POA, then feel free to PM or email me

RBC in Aruba is not your best choice and yes it is difficult. I have the application form here in Canada. If you want to see all the terms and conditions I can scan and email to you. Would not be my first choice

Thanks Tom/Stanley... We have two numbers on the tax invoice - "Persoonsnummer" and "Aanslagnummer" which one do you use when making the transfer (or do you put both in)?

We tried opening an account at Aruba Bank but gave up after waiting for two hours after our scheduled appointment... I know, I know... "island time". But I guess there's a limit! LOL The bank person we were trying to meet with didn't even bother to come out and apologize for the delay so that was probably an indicator of future service.

We ended up making an appointment and going to RBC on our contractor's recommendation. They were prompt, efficient and had the whole process put through quickly for us as we were leaving within seven days (this included the set up of the account, all document reviews, web banking set up and a debit card). We went to the branch in Palm Beach. Make sure you have an appointment and get everything done in that first meeting so they can get all the approvals going.

I wouldn't say it was "difficult" but it definitely takes longer than walking up to the counter in North America and having everything done within thirty minutes.

We're also hoping that, one day, there won't be the border barriers between RBC Canada (we're Canadian) and RBC Aruba and moving money will be easy as clicking a mouse.
    Last edited by act1966; 06-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast