Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By act1966

Thread: Property ownership in Aruba and Illegal Squatters

Property ownership in Aruba and Illegal Squatters

Hi Everyone

I really need some help with my property I Own In Aruba.

I live in the UK and purchased a holiday home in 2005 for my family in Noord

We left the island and visited lots, then found out since 2007/2008 we had squatters living in our house. They broke into the house with all our furniture in it still and decided to live there.

We had legal help and investigated our rights. We came to visit Henry in 2011. He then agreed to rent the property from us in 2011, he signed and never paid.

To this day I am fighting for Justice as he is living in my family home, and now renting my apartments attached to the home and making money.

I really need to know my rights here as I have been in touch with so many people and Nothing seems to conclude the situation

I ultimately need this man out of my house so I can use it as a holiday home for my family once again.

He has been squatting there rent free and now making money from my property from 2008 until now.

I am also lead to believe he travels back and forth between the Island and Venezuela where he is from.

Any information on what I can do or how to get him out I would really appreciate

Thank you

Aruba since 1979
    omg

i am copying this, and publishing in the "moving to aruba section"

possibly forum member Lizzardo would care to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliwhite View Post
    Hi Everyone

We left the island and visited lots, then found out since 2007/2008 we had squatters living in our house. They broke into the house with all our furniture in it still and decided to live there.

We had legal help and investigated our rights. We came to visit Henry in 2011. He then agreed to rent the property from us in 2011, he signed and never paid.

To this day I am fighting for Justice as he is living in my family home, and now renting my apartments attached to the home and making money.

I really need to know my rights here as I have been in touch with so many people and Nothing seems to conclude the situation

I ultimately need this man out of my house so I can use it as a holiday home for my family once again.

He has been squatting there rent free and now making money from my property from 2008 until now.

I am also lead to believe he travels back and forth between the Island and Venezuela where he is from.

Any information on what I can do or how to get him out I would really appreciate

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Aliwhite View Post
    Hi Everyone

Thank you
    You mention you "had legal help and investigated our rights" - did the legal counsel not outline what those rights are? Have you contacted the police re this person trespassing? What about the notary you closed the property with?

You can not assume that Aruba has the same laws as the US as it is with any other country. A notary can not help you in this kind of situation even though they might say they can. It's a whole different process and you need to know the right people to get things done. Much like the US system - Here we have the same thing about finding a good lawyer. I have PMed her and will hopefully SKYPE with her and see if the people I am dealing with can help her.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    You can not assume that Aruba has the same laws as the US as it is with any other country. A notary can not help you in this kind of situation even though they might say they can. It's a whole different process and you need to know the right people to get things done. Much like the US system - Here we have the same thing about finding a good lawyer. I have PMed her and will hopefully SKYPE with her and see if the people I am dealing with can help her.
    I'm not "assuming"... I'm asking questions.

I have referred Ali to someone who is perfect for this situation and it turns out she is already working with them. I think she is in good hands.