Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Property Taxes

Thanks, Liz. I guess that settles it - wire transfer is the way to go! Being this is a new experience for us, I am sure we will learn by our mistakes along the way! But the help of all you experts on this board is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Norman Paperman View Post
    Received my property tax bill today. Looks like it is due by the 30th of the month.
    Where did they send the bill to? US address? I was told my mailing address is US. I have not received any thing in the mail. I called them. I was told they couldn't find my tax bill.

Our tax bill is sent to our Aruba address. We wait and pay it in September.

Quote Originally Posted by sy428 View Post
    Where did they send the bill to? US address? I was told my mailing address is US. I have not received any thing in the mail. I called them. I was told they couldn't find my tax bill.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

I don't know why it is that my Tax bill is sent to my US address and then Quarterly they send my Web bill to my house. Must have been the way I set it up or some thing. I don't know.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

Quote Originally Posted by sy428 View Post
    Ours came to our U.S. address as well - we just received it last Friday. It's a good thing, as our home in Aruba is not yet completed.

Web bills are your utility bills correct? They are different than you tax bills entirely.

We pick up the mail for our neighbors who aren't here all the time. We scan them
    and email them to him. He pays the bills online. If you know someone who can do that for you - it is one of the best ways to make sure you are getting all the bills.

Thank you. I emailed early in May. I was told that it would be mailed to my US adress. But I didn't received it yet. I called them a couple of days ago. They found my number but don't know the tax amount. I am still waiting for their reponse.

I'm not sure what they do with the mail. I received a letter in Canada last week (June 18 I think it was) which was mailed in Aruba at Easter.

The 2009 tax bills have been mailed out and can be paid in 4 portions i.e 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December. It says that they are due one month after the date on the bill which is 30.06.2009. (I don't know what they do if you don't pay!)

Anyhow, as I am currently on the Island I went and paid mine at the bank but the bank told me that I could have paid it online through them i.e RBTT as I do have Netbanking with them. The Payee would be listed as Servicio di Impuesto.

I hope this helps.
    Stella

I bought a small house one year ago but not received any tax bill yet.
    Does anybody know where to phone or go to have any information?

I did not receive a tax bill for the house or land which I received yearly for the past 3 years. I went to the new tax building located just pass the Talk of Town to register a vehicle last month and asked about my tax bill and paid for the past quarter which was outstanding and the upcoming quarter. The person I spoke to stated that the bills should have been sent a few months ago. I had to pay a small late fee for the 1st bill. Also a little tip, I went at approx. 11:30/11:40am, 15min.'s before lunch and the place was empty and I was in an out in record time. I have also been there in the early morning and have spent hours waiting for my number to be called.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast