Aruba Beach

Thread: Public School system

Public School system

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of moving to Aruba and wanted to get the break down on the Public school system. I have an 11 y/o and a 2 y/o and I wanted to know are immigrants allowed to use the school system? Also, do they teach in English?

Aruba since 1979
    i have no knowledge/information on the public schools.

lots of immigrants to aruba have their children use the "international school"
    click link
    http://www.isaruba.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by bigAL View Post
    Hi everyone,

I was thinking of moving to Aruba and wanted to get the break down on the Public school system. I have an 11 y/o and a 2 y/o and I wanted to know are immigrants allowed to use the school system? Also, do they teach in English?

As resident of Aruba (just like in the US) you can attend the local schools here.
    They start out in Dutch then go to papimento and then English. So your
    kids might find a problem starting out in the system. But kids are good
    at picking up languages and prob. w/ some extra tutoring they should do okay.

Just so you know a lot of kids start school knowing Papimento but not dutch. So it's an immersion thing.... with all the TV in english there should be some kids her age able to speak to her fluently.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    As resident of Aruba (just like in the US) you can attend the local schools here.
    They start out in Dutch then go to papimento and then English. So your
    kids might find a problem starting out in the system. But kids are good
    at picking up languages and prob. w/ some extra tutoring they should do okay.

Just so you know a lot of kids start school knowing Papimento but not dutch. So it's an immersion thing.... with all the TV in english there should be some kids her age able to speak to her fluently.
    Thanks! My oldest is going to the 6th grade and is a straight A student. I really was thinking of him going to the ISA but after looking at their fee schedule 18k basically for the 1st two years thats a huge NO. He is a fast learner and the baby will pick it up......