Thread: residence minimum income requirements to change

Aruba since 1979

residence minimum income requirements to change

from AMIGOE

Required minimum income residence permit halved
    4 Okt, 2010, 08:11 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel
    Print dit artikel
    ORANJESTAD — The minimum income required to qualify for a temporary residence permit will be halved to 50,000 florins per year. Also for the residence permit, whereby the holder receives no employment permission, a minimum annual income of 75,000 florins (from real estate) will be required or the applicant must deposit 100,000 florins with the bank.

Minister Benny Sevinger (AVP) of Infrastructure, Environment and Integration changed this by a Ministerial Order. The Order, which the Amigoe secured, will be presented to the Council of Ministers within several weeks. It will subsequently become effective only when the measure is announced publicly. At that time, the current regulation dating from March 2009 will become invalid immediately. However, when this is due, is still unknown. For that matter, the website of the government (www.overheid.aw) already mentions the reduced guarantee amount of 50,000 florins in the application form.

The minimum income for residence permit is determined legally at 100,000 florins net per year. This capital could exist of annuity, pension or capital such as real estate. As argument for the reduction, the government urged that the current standard amount is too high. That standard amount stands for the minimum income with which someone could live without having to qualify for an allowance. According to the government, is it ‘more correct’ to equate this with the amount maintained by persons wanting to stand surety for someone applying for a temporary work permit. For years, this is determined at 50,000 florins per year. As long as the incomes are there, the residence permit will remain valid. In the case of holders with the Dutch nationality, it regards up to five years after issuance, whereupon after application the permit will be changed from a temporary into a permanent residence. For non-Dutch citizens it regards a period of ten years.

Applicants with an income below 50,000 florins net per year could qualify for a residence permit without employment permission. In general, especially pensioners make use of this regulation. An annual return of at least 75,000 florins originating from real estate or an equal amount in euros, pounds or dollars is required for a foreign pensioner requesting residence on Aruba. A bank balance of 100,000 florins or an equal amount in euros, pounds or dollars is also sufficient to qualify for the aforementioned residence.
    For that matter, the income must be reported to the tax department immediately as well, as this generally comes from a source outside of Aruba. For instance, the government also wants to prevent the situation where people who were allowed entry and not reporting any income, are insured by AZV without paying premium.

...and all subject to change with the next change in government whenever that may be.

Any news about this?

My wife and I are norwegians and still looking for THE place to relocate.... Wife is retired and have a pension of aprox us$ 30.000/year after tax. Myself, still working offshore on a 2 week on/4 week off schedule, income aprox us$ 180.000/year. Wife is retired due to medical issues (reumatic).
    I can't find any "english" button on the 'overheid' page, so having problems finding how info about to get a temporary/permanent resident card. Is there a way to get official info in english language?
    Thanx

Aruba since 1979

Thanks, the forms I found there seems to say at least 100.000/year. Can't find out if we can use both incomes (I'm still on a salary) to reach that number.... Any recommended sites elsewhere? Lawyers?

The income requirement is 100,000 florins per year.

Aruba since 1979
    is that a combined joint requirement or individual?

Not sure. I know that I need 100,000 as an individual. My husband is not a resident yet. I will ask that question next week when I go for the interview. They call it "income", however it is really assests or investments, not including real estate.

Kathy

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sugar View Post
    Not sure. I know that I need 100,000 as an individual. My husband is not a resident yet. I will ask that question next week when I go for the interview. They call it "income", however it is really assests or investments, not including real estate.

Kathy

We have a house in Norway, rented out on a long term contract. This 'income', together with my wife's pension, will pass the 100.000 Fl/year. Would that work?
    For my self; I'll still have to travel back and fourth for work, will there be any problems with multiple entrances? 8 entrances per year, 25-26 days each time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast