Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Retirement in Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by sdlyons91 View Post
    Thanks so much, Rustic.

I just got back from Aruba, but am planning another trip down there, hopefully next month, so maybe I can meet up with your uncle and talk about some real estate. Thanks for the help!!

Your welcome, glad i could help
    Check out the houses he has under palm Beach/Malmok The houses there are really beautiful and allot closer to the beach which I'm sure would be to your liking but then again everywhere here is only a few minutes drive from the beach
    Last edited by rustic; 01-26-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Banned
    I would recommend Miriam from Century 21 as well. She's very sweet, honest, and not pushy. Seeing properties w/her was very relaxing compared to many other realtors that we've dealt with.

Thanks, jerseygirl. Do you have any contact information for her? I have a trip booked for mid February and would like to meet with some people if possible. Thanks for the info!

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    It is not too good post phone numbers here, but her email is miriam@arubahouses.com .
    Just had some friends go with her earlier this week to see a bunch of houses and they were very happy with Miriam as well.
    If you email her she should answer you and give you her phone if you need it.
    Carsten
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 01-29-2011 at 04:57 PM.

That's perfect. I've emailed her now and hopefully she can show me something next week when I'm back. Did you buy or rent in Aruba?

My home in Aruba, Casa Koyari, my second home, Casa Del Mar, followed by Arashi and Baby Beaches!
    I also recommend Miriam. She represented the sellers for the home I eventually bought. I would pick her over my own realtor.

Permit

Hi Lizzardo

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but if you live in Aruba for 6 Months, go to America for say a few weeks, Can you return to Aruba for another 6 Months?

Aruba since 1979
    total 6 months per yr and the year begins when you begin your first stay.

some folks used to come to aruba, stay 6 months.......take a 3 day jaunt to bonaire or curacao and then back for another 6 months.

there is lots of "grey area"
    maybe stella (billstellaR) can elaborate.
    she is a canadian and spend much time do the math and counting days.
    she spends as much time as she can on island.

immigration has made these changes over the past 7 or 8 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    immigration has made these changes over the past 7 or 8 yrs.
    And they can change them again without warning?

Smallpox vaccination

As a physician, I find it rather fascinating that it states below one must have a recent smallpox vaccination, given that smallpox was declared eradicated by the World Health Organization in 1980. This day and age one would be very hard-pressed to even find somewhere to get such a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post

• Permanent Residence Permit

When requesting a residence-permit without a working permit, one must submit:

1. bank references indicating that the applicant is financially self-supporting or any other proof that he/she will not become a financial burden to the local government or community
    2. the home and business addresses for the last ten years
    3. the reasons for wanting to reside in Aruba
    4. police-clearance (good conduct-paper, not older than 2 months)

Persons desiring a permanent residence-permit must be in possession of:

1. a passport valid for Aruba
    2. three passport photographs of true likeness
    3. a valid vaccination certificate for smallpox, not more than three years old
    4. a medical declaration that the holder is not suffering from any contagious disease or mental sickness, issued within 30 days before the trip started
    5. a proof of payment of the required legal fee

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast