Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By volcano
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 1 Post By volcano

Thread: The second step...........

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    11

    The second step...........

    First we decided that Aruba was the island and we got a time share. What was the next step? Buy a house.
    We close on a house in less than three weeks and are trying to finalize all that needs to be done (what a process this has been!). My ultimate goal since my first ever cruise in 1998 was to move to an island, buy a bar, and enjoy the life. As it looks like the first step has fallen in place we can't wait to move permanently and get away from the cold winters. We have a five year timetable but anything is possible and things can change.
    Ok, with that all being said, any hints, tips, suggestions for us knowing what we are planning on would be wonderful. Although we have a game plan for the house I am sure there is so much we need to know as this is a different country and there are many things that are very different from the states.
    Thanks in advance everyone and hope to hear from many of you.
    David and Brenda

  2. #2
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    How exciting! To "hear" was my cue.

    Listen to this fantastic podcast interview, you will learn a lot about island life and can enjoy it at the same time.

    http://onehappypodcast.com/ep19/

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    well how COOL is that!!!!!!?!!??
    so happy for you both.

    there are a number of aruba home owners on this forum.....some are full time aruba residents, some are part time.
    i hope that you hear from them all.

    feel free to ASK many questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    First we decided that Aruba was the island and we got a time share. What was the next step? Buy a house.
    We close on a house in less than three weeks and are trying to finalize all that needs to be done (what a process this has been!). My ultimate goal since my first ever cruise in 1998 was to move to an island, buy a bar, and enjoy the life. As it looks like the first step has fallen in place we can't wait to move permanently and get away from the cold winters. We have a five year timetable but anything is possible and things can change.
    Ok, with that all being said, any hints, tips, suggestions for us knowing what we are planning on would be wonderful. Although we have a game plan for the house I am sure there is so much we need to know as this is a different country and there are many things that are very different from the states.
    Thanks in advance everyone and hope to hear from many of you.
    David and Brenda

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    Congratulations on the purchase! I'm super jealous!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    176
    Congrats! Where are you purchasing? We close on our place in Gold Coast around January 10th. Nervous and excited!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    Congrats! Where are you purchasing? We close on our place in Gold Coast around January 10th. Nervous and excited!
    We bought our place at Piedra Plat Aruba Mark. Last week was both interesting and exciting. I miss it already and want to head back to our new home now! It's only been four days. Wow I love Aruba.

  7. #7
    Member EdandLiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Posts
    99
    Well congrats! We are full time residents (new )! We used to live on Bonaire (Aruba's sister island) and things are a bit different as far as residency goes. It's actually fairly easy, compared to Bonaire. I do however HIGHLY SUGGEST you utilize a company (We used B2B Consultancy Ms. Soliaica Clarinda). It is worth every penny spent. You just provide her with the items she requests, and then she goes to all the government buildings, appoints, etc. It took about 6 months total to get our residency.

    Look into owning a business. The law is you can only own a business if you are an Aruba National, however there are ways to own. Contact IMC Trust Company. They can guide you if you start a new company. Not sure how it works if you purchase a current company, but they can advise you.

    Hope this helps!

    Enjoy!
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com


  8. #8
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    CK..... Have you done an interview ?
    If not you should since you know some much thru your research

    SO sorry
    didn't mean to hijack post
    will repost on other thread



    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    How exciting! To "hear" was my cue.

    Listen to this fantastic podcast interview, you will learn a lot about island life and can enjoy it at the same time.

    http://onehappypodcast.com/ep19/
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-26-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO