Aruba Beach

Thread: Shopping Online

Shopping Online

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I have been reading so many posts on this website, it's really comforting knowing there are people to ask questions to. My husband (who is a native), dog, and I will be moving to Aruba very soon, and we pretty much got the essentials answered. I do have a silly question though. I am aware that Aruba has lots of items available in stores, but there are some things that they do not. How will shopping online work for me when I am living there? Most places will not ship to Aruba, is there a way to get an "American post office box" or any idea how much it would cost to go through Shipping Freights...

Any little bit helps. Thank you in advance

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

hope that you are able to get your question answered about shipping to aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepalmtrees View Post
    Hello all, I am new to the forum. I have been reading so many posts on this website, it's really comforting knowing there are people to ask questions to. My husband (who is a native), dog, and I will be moving to Aruba very soon, and we pretty much got the essentials answered. I do have a silly question though. I am aware that Aruba has lots of items available in stores, but there are some things that they do not. How will shopping online work for me when I am living there? Most places will not ship to Aruba, is there a way to get an "American post office box" or any idea how much it would cost to go through Shipping Freights...

Any little bit helps. Thank you in advance

Aruba has a lot to offer, but shopping is a bit limited if you live on the island permanently. For large items we shop via Amazon and then get the items delivered via Bon Bini and GP Cargo. For small items you could use as a forwarder GF Global Network. Both services are not cheap and you also need to add local tax on top of item and shipping cost, the tax varies depending on the kind of items you buy, but if you really want something and you can not find it on the island, this is the method we use. Hope this helps.

Try Post Aruba
    They have a section for E Trade.
    This might be an option.

I have not used them.

http://www.postaruba.com/1.aspx

I have only dealt with Bon Bini and GP Cargo, GP Cargo is now the Aruba contact for Bon Bini in Miami.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman