Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By schexc
  • 1 Post By elephant_guy

Thread: Solar PV Installers Aruba

Solar PV Installers Aruba

Anyone got any personal recommendations for installers/Suppliers of Solar PV systems on the island ?

Been doing some reading and although there is nothing on the Elmar website (No suprises there !!) it looks like they are now paying FIT (Feed In Tariff) for unused electricity from residential solar installations up to 10kwp. The buy back rate is allegedly 85% of the basic "A" tariff charged by Elmar to residential customers. If the above is accurate it might be time to take the solar plunge (so to speak).

I know that there are a whole slew of companies in the Aruba Yellow pages but I'm looking for anyone who has actually used someone they feel they could recommend.

Regards

Mick
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 12-07-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Not that I have a direct contact but when we were on the island in November, Ricky, the owner of Wheels2go, told us that he had just installed solar panels at his residence.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Not that I have a direct contact but when we were on the island in November, Ricky, the owner of Wheels2go, told us that he had just installed solar panels at his residence.
    Many thanks. Spookily enough have a car from Wheels2Go next week to go used car hunting !! Will see if I can have a word with the owner. Appreciate the reply Schexc..

@elephant guy-
    If you don't mind, let me know what you find out as I too am interested in possibly installing solar panels on my home in Noord.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    Many thanks. Spookily enough have a car from Wheels2Go next week to go used car hunting !! Will see if I can have a word with the owner. Appreciate the reply Schexc..
    I don't think he'll have a problem with conversation. He told is what his initial investment was and expressed quite cordially that it was an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    @elephant guy-
    If you don't mind, let me know what you find out as I too am interested in possibly installing solar panels on my home in Noord.

Regards,
    Will do... No problem. Have the impression that the costs are much more than in Europe and the U.S. but will see..

Cheers

Mick

Aruba since 1979
    i am wondering if there are any incentives ($$) or credits that the government or banks provide for installation/purchasing of solar?

Sadly, everything I have read seems to stress that there are no subsidies for purchase or installation at all from either Elmar or the government. There was previously an offer available from Elmar and CMB very generously () offering a reduced finance deal for a loan at 7% interest to buy and install panels. I know interest rates (for everyone except savers) are high on the island but...

I suppose you could see the Feed in Tariff as a subsidy after installation if the figures are correct, you could in theory achieve pay back over a period of say 6 to10 years. That's quite a while though for a substantial upfront investment..

Will post more information when I get something concrete..

Regards

Mick

Aruba since 1979
    yes that program with elmar and cmb is the program that i had thought of.
    also contact by private message forum member SanNIc44 (dan)
    he has a home on aruba may have had some solar panels installed.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    Sadly, everything I have read seems to stress that there are no subsidies for purchase or installation at all from either Elmar or the government. There was previously an offer available from Elmar and CMB very generously () offering a reduced finance deal for a loan at 7% interest to buy and install panels. I know interest rates (for everyone except savers) are high on the island but...

I suppose you could see the Feed in Tariff as a subsidy after installation if the figures are correct, you could in theory achieve pay back over a period of say 6 to10 years. That's quite a while though for a substantial upfront investment..

Will post more information when I get something concrete..

Regards

Mick