Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Surprised at the amount of crime in Aruba.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    I was told that you can call the Aruba Police and they will tell you if there were an burglaries committed at a particular address. I tried that twice and no one picks up the phone. Imagine that? You call the police stations main number (297 587-0009)and it just rings and rings....
    Maybe this list of phone numbers and extensions will assist you. http://www.kparuba.com/contacts.html

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Maybe this list of phone numbers and extensions will assist you. http://www.kparuba.com/contacts.html
    Thanks. This is good to know.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    62

    Crime

    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    Thanks. This is good to know.
    I don't feel the govt is trying to suppress any news.

    All the good and bad news of the island is published daily except on Sundays in the newspapers
    http://www.awe24.com/ for starters
    or the Boletin e xtra
    Amigoe Nieuws

    It is all there for our reading.
    If you google the 100 cities with the most crime in the US 14 are in Fl and 8 are in Ma.
    did you know that in 2009 the 2nd city with the most kidnappings in the WORLD is in AZ.over 340.
    I have only heard of 1 couple moving out of Aruba due to crime I believe it was noted on this board.
    But I have seen one poster from this board looking to move back.

    Take any city in America with 100,000 people and compare the major crime to what goes on in Aruba.

    Be smart
    Remember not everyone is on vacation .
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    62

    crime

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Norman Paperman View Post
    I don't feel the govt is trying to suppress any news.

    All the good and bad news of the island is published daily except on Sundays in the newspapers
    http://www.awe24.com/ for starters
    or the Boletin e xtra
    Amigoe Nieuws

    It is all there for our reading.
    If you google the 100 cities with the most crime in the US 14 are in Fl and 8 are in Ma.
    did you know that in 2009 the 2nd city with the most kidnappings in the WORLD is in AZ.over 340.
    I have only heard of 1 couple moving out of Aruba due to crime I believe it was noted on this board.
    But I have seen one poster from this board looking to move back.

    Take any city in America with 100,000 people and compare the major crime to what goes on in Aruba.

    Be smart
    Remember not everyone is on vacation .
    This was the google site that I found my information from on the crime rate in the US.
    http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei...p100dangerous/

    Just trying to be correct.
    another paper might be the Dario which I don't know if they are on line or not.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

  5. #25
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    thanks mr norman!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    palm beach.downtown
    Posts
    189
    this one is good but is there an English version?.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by yefim8 View Post
    this one is good but is there an English version?.
    No I do not know of an English version. But here is an online site that has an English to Papiamento dictionary
    http://www.wordgumbo.com/pc/pap/erpapeng.htm
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Norman Paperman View Post
    I don't feel the govt is trying to suppress any news.

    All the good and bad news of the island is published daily except on Sundays in the newspapers
    http://www.awe24.com/ for starters
    or the Boletin e xtra
    Amigoe Nieuws

    It is all there for our reading.
    If you google the 100 cities with the most crime in the US 14 are in Fl and 8 are in Ma.
    did you know that in 2009 the 2nd city with the most kidnappings in the WORLD is in AZ.over 340.
    I have only heard of 1 couple moving out of Aruba due to crime I believe it was noted on this board.
    But I have seen one poster from this board looking to move back.

    Take any city in America with 100,000 people and compare the major crime to what goes on in Aruba.

    Be smart
    Remember not everyone is on vacation .

    Any story written in Papiamento is directed towards locals and not potential tourists. It is being suppressed to the outside world. It took digging on my part to find the websites I posted.

    Again, these are only the reported crimes.

    Ive heard from many sources that there is a lot of theft in Aruba. Many dwellings are broken into and tourists belongings are robbed from their hotels, resorts and from their rental vehicles. Outside of "high crime" areas in the United States, there is not that level of theft.

    That being said, it "appears" that Aruba is still the safest of all of the "Caribbean Islands".

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Anyone with some knowledge of Spanish can get the "jist" of Papiamento.

    Warning. Very graphic.

    http://www.awe24.com/20130810/15227/...Libre_na_Noord

    When the yellow warning box pops up the the middle of the screen, click on the green box on the left to view the pictures. This happened a day ago.
    This is guy who was a victim of an attempted assassination(I believe that it says he was beaten with the intent to kill) near Noord. (Which is supposed to be a good part of Aruba)

    Sabana Libre in Noord is the location of one of the properties I am scheduled to look at next week in Aruba. Nice.(sarcasm)

    So much for one happy island..............
    Last edited by vincep; 08-11-2013 at 02:19 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Another guy beaten senseless in Tanki Leendart on what appears to be the same day. (Yesterday)

    http://www.awe24.com/20130810/15235/...bata_reacciona

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO