Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Surprised at the amount of crime in Aruba.

  1. #31
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    When the yellow warning box pops up the the middle of the screen, click on the green box on the left to view the pictures.
    Folks, click on the box only to view photos which ARE graphic.


    Sabana Libre in Noord is the location of one of the properties I am scheduled to look at next week in Aruba. Nice.(sarcasm)
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am very perplexed as to why you are still considering Aruba? Perhaps try another island? Martinique, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda...
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-11-2013 at 03:58 PM.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Folks, click on the box only to view photos which ARE graphic.

    I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am very perplexed as to why you are still considering Aruba? Perhaps try another island? Martinique, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda...
    Those places you listed are worse. Tons of violent crime and tourists getting beaten, stabbed and robbed. You can Google it. St Martin and Martinque are very bad. I know people from there. If they weren't so bad, I would buy property there because I am an EU(Italian)/US Dual Citizen and would enjoy more privledges in the French Caribbean Islands.(part of the EU)

    I'm going to make my decision after my trip to Aruba this week. I plan on talking to the police and locals; as well as looking at the island through the eyes of an observer. (as opposed to a tourist with rose colored glasses)


    Who knows, maybe things aren't that bad? Perhaps those two men who got beaten did something or hung out with the wrong crowd and(to put it bluntly) had it coming to them?


    I don't plan on picking fights or hanging out with shady characters.
    Last edited by vincep; 08-11-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Retagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    501
    @Vinecap
    "Sabana Libre in Noord is the location of one of the properties I am scheduled to look at next week in Aruba. Nice.(sarcasm)"

    what part of Sabana Libre? I have a home there. There are a few lots left in my immediate area. PM me if you need any additional info. I will be there in two weeks.

    Regards,

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The Sunsette Grille, The Ruins, Wacky Wahoo, Stellaris Casino, The Hyatt, The Radisson, Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, Mi Duishi boat adventure
    Posts
    35
    I'm just wondering myself why even consider if you are presented with all this information? Unless of course, you are buying as
    investment and rental?

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,088

    Your concern about crime in Aruba

    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    Those places you listed are worse. Tons of violent crime and tourists getting beaten, stabbed and robbed. You can Google it. St Martin and Martinque are very bad. I know people from there. If they weren't so bad, I would buy property there because I am an EU(Italian)/US Dual Citizen and would enjoy more privledges in the French Caribbean Islands.(part of the EU)

    I'm going to make my decision after my trip to Aruba this week. I plan on talking to the police and locals; as well as looking at the island through the eyes of an observer. (as opposed to a tourist with rose colored glasses)


    Who knows, maybe things aren't that bad? Perhaps those two men who got beaten did something or hung out with the wrong crowd and(to put it bluntly) had it coming to them?


    I don't plan on picking fights or hanging out with shady characters.

    Vincep

    I have owned in Sabana Liber for approx 7 years and other than some annoying but manageable disturbances, we have not been subjected to any major crime events. I do not wish to appear insulting, but in reviewing your past posts over months you seem to be a little pre-occupied with the issue of crime in Aruba. I respect your concerns. I had the same concern when deciding to invest hard earned dollars into Aruba. Like all communities, Aruba does have its bad eggs. I had the opportunity to visit many countries before deciding where to buy "my place in the sun" I do not believe Maui is any safer.....certainly there are more police cars and presence, but at the time of a criminal act does that make you safer? Also in Mexico, my wife and I were searched at macine gun point 6 times in 8 hours while travelling their " Gold Coast" and let me tell you, I would have preferred some "crooks" had searched us!!

    I guess my point is that Aruba is not perfect. Nowhere is. It is simply a matter of choosing a property in a safe location and being cautious of your behaviour and surrounds.

    John

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    palm beach.downtown
    Posts
    189
    thanks.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    what part of Sabana Libre? I have a home there. There are a few lots left in my immediate area. PM me if you need any additional info. I will be there in two weeks.

    Regards,
    Sabana Libre Villas.
    Last edited by vincep; 08-12-2013 at 01:29 AM.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryG View Post
    I'm just wondering myself why even consider if you are presented with all this information? Unless of course, you are buying as
    investment and rental?
    Its mostly a vacation property that I can rent out when I'm not there; to help offset some if not all of the expenses. That's the goal anyway.

    I also think it may make a good investment.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Vincep

    I have owned in Sabana Liber for approx 7 years and other than some annoying but manageable disturbances,

    John
    Can you give some examples?


    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Vincep

    but in reviewing your past posts over months you seem to be a little pre-occupied with the issue of crime in Aruba.


    John
    That statement is not true. This thread is the first mention I have made towards crime in Aruba.
    Last edited by vincep; 08-12-2013 at 01:22 AM.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    Can you give some examples?

    That statement is not true. This thread is the first mention I have made towards crime in Aruba.
    Your first post here in the forum...

    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    I am interested in buying a property in Aruba for vacations and perhaps to use as a part year retirement home.

    1) What are the advantages/disadvantages of long lease property vs property land?

    2) Are there any "bad" areas(high crime/flood zones) not to buy real estate?

    3) I am a US and soon to be Italian Dual Citizen. Are there any advantages in entering Aruba or buying property as an EU Citizen over a US Citizen?

    Thanks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO