Aruba Beach

Thread: tankless water heater

tankless water heater

I have looked into installing one in my home (outdoor model) Takagi. got a US795.00 price tag (weighs 40 lbs) it will cost an additional 600awg for importing/duty/taxes. Has anyone bought one locally? at what price and have you had any problems with it? help

Ck out Aruba Gas.
    I brought mine in from the states. But it appears that Aruba gas has some good units.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

Aruba since 1979
    totally none of my business as i do not have a house on the island of aruba.
    that being said.............
    isn't there a type of waterheater that heats the water from the sun's rays?
    heck, the outdoor temp is almost 90 year round.
    add in almost full sun every day...but for the sake of argument say there is 8 hours of sun a day.
    wouldn't there be a way to have a waterheatertank on one's roof? say, 50 gallons?
    sufficient for a few showers, washing dishes?

in aruba, the water that comes out of the tap is 70+ degrees and that is great for washing clothes, so no hot water is needed for loads of wash.

so if one heated the water from the heat of the sun, wouldn't that be an awesome thing?
    is it feasable?

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Norman Paperman View Post
    Ck out Aruba Gas.
    I brought mine in from the states. But it appears that Aruba gas has some good units.
    Thank you! i will look into that. but just curious, did you bring it in yourself or have it shipped. I have no problem finding model in states but its the hefty duties and taxes and shipping that i was wondering if it is all worth it or not. i will look into Aruba Gas. many regards
    laura

Shipped in in one big order. Sorry don't know the true cost of the fees. I was charged between 6-22% of items listed from the Govt. Bought it on line and had it shipped straight to Bon Bini.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

CurlyLaura,

I bought a small electric tankless unit that runs on 220v. Works fine with the three settings. They had them at Kooyman and General Store. I think it was about $300. This was for the shower. Be sure to double check the voltage of the unit as there are also 110v versions but they will spin your meter something awful.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/