Aruba Beach

Thread: Us veterans using aruba medical

Us veterans using aruba medical

I am thinking about retiring to Aruba in July. I am a 60% VA pension which included all free medical care from the VA. I am wondering can I use this benefit in Aruba. I know you can in the Phillipines. Would I pay out of pocket and get reimbursed? Any help?

Aruba since 1979
    the short answer is no you cannot use your VA for medical care in Aruba.

you would have to pay out of pocket and then hope for reimbursement from your primary insurance (the VA?) check with the VA for their policy on reimbursements.

but, once you have established residency on aruba, you would qualify to purchase the aruba health insurance (government sponsored)

good luck and keep us abreast of what the VA says.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPAK View Post
    I am thinking about retiring to Aruba in July. I am a 60% VA pension which included all free medical care from the VA. I am wondering can I use this benefit in Aruba. I know you can in the Phillipines. Would I pay out of pocket and get reimbursed? Any help?

If somebody like ZIPPAK became a resident, does anybody know a ballpark figure for the Aruba Government sponsored medical scheme Andrea has mentioned by Andrea ?

Aruba since 1979
    maybe some of our forum members, that are residents, now living on aruba from another country will answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    If somebody like ZIPPAK became a resident, does anybody know a ballpark figure for the Aruba Government sponsored medical scheme Andrea has mentioned by Andrea ?