Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warm water in bathrooms+kitchen

Lea

warm water in bathrooms+kitchen

Has anyone experience in how to get warmwater installed in a house all ready built in Aruba. I noticed that the house i want to rent does not have warm water. Is there an easy way to install something? I am thinking on an electric boiler. Have anyone experience with this ? Is there local expertise on the island?I will be very grateful for any advice.
    thank in advance
    Lea

Lea,

There is a "point of use" hot water heater that is electrically powered. They come in 110 and also 220 volt models. The thing is, you should have them installed by a proper electrician as they draw A LOT OF CURRENT. The cost is not that high, but check with the people who own the house before installing one. They simply hang on the wall and take very little plumbing. Simple. I use two in my house.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Lea

warm water

SanNic, thank you ,could you give more information on that "point of use" warm water heater. Could i buy it on the island?What is the price more or less? where is it sold? Could you recommend a good plumber? Hope I am not asking too much.
    greetings,
    Lea

The items are available on the island. I'm not sure exactly where. Possible the General Store, Codemsa, or Kooyman.

We used Jancho's Plumbing and were very satisified with him. His cell number is 594-3261. Add 011-297 if calling from U.S. This number is from 2 years ago, hopefully it is still the same.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Lea
    Thank you,Tom&Karen. I will research these stores and try to contact the plumber. Did you also install warm water in your home there ? And is the pressure etc to your satisfaction?
    greetings,
    Lea

When we bought our house, it was basically a shell/ The floors were tiled & the electric & water (cold only) were installed. We were able to install a hot water tank & run lines to the showers and kitchen.

Here is a link to what our house looked like when purchased.

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bul...pic.php?t=5212
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Lea
    Your house looks wonderful, Tom&Karen. I like the architecture and the sunny color yellow.You had an advantage that it was not all finished and without warm water.So you made the necessary installation for warm water. Great! Thanks for sharing.

Lea,

Tom and Karen caught me dozing. Kooyman and General Store have those hot waters heaters, usually in stock in 110 version. The 220 will use less current (a little harder to find) but again, be sure it's wired in properly. Never hesitate to ask more questions. That is the purpose of the board and I welcome the inquisition.

Al the best,

Lea
    44. Thank you again. I must really pay attention that the work is done professionally.And I hope when all is done everything function well.
    greetings,
    Lea

Lea,

Don't forget to invite us over. We'll eat all your food, drink your booze, tell you stories, and leave a mess. Nah, just kidding. Let us know how everything works out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast