Aruba Beach

Thread: Water monitoring Remote

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Question Water monitoring Remote

So now I got my house completely covered with cameras, so that I get an email as soon as a lizard scratches its behind or anything else moves on my property. I also get email from the alarm system whenever the alarm goes off or someone sets or cancel the alarm. My weather station can control the irrigation system. I can remotely turn on an off electrical appliances in my house. I found the gadget to also monitor my power consumption on an hourly basis and give me great graphs etc. so that I can limit my power consumption and see if anything is wrong.
    All of this I can access and control from anywhere in the world.

So now I have one thing left, which I cannot figure out how to monitor. Water consumption!!!!. Just like electricity the water is expensive in Aruba, and when you are away from your house for months (terrible thought), your bill can go sky high if you have a leak (a neighbor ended up with a water bill of $5.000 for one month instead of the normal $150 because of a leak when they were not there).

In Aruba we have the analog meters on the water pipe.
    Does anyone know how to digitally monitor those so that the reading will go to a computer?
    Alternatively buy a new (WEB approved) meter that is digital. Does that exist in Aruba?

I should mention that the meters normally are out by the road, so putting a camera up to visually read the meter is not an option.

I know this is very specialized (or Nerdy to some ), but who knows, maybe some has a bright idea.

Thanks in advance

Carsten

Try this site you may need to purchase your own water meter and put it in series with the WEB meter. http://jerman.com/kmspecsovr.html There are other smart meters out there. Just thought this might be a good start.
    Let the Carnival Begin
    Mr Norman Paperman

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Thanks Gene

I know that sometimes the Aruban supply companies can be very strict with modifying their equipment and installations, so not sure that they will allow this, but I will look into it.

Thanks for the tip.

Regarding the cameras, I PM'ed you a lot of information .

Carsten

P.S. Just looked into these and unfortunately the readout is not digital and I need it to be accessed from a pc, so that I can view it remotely.
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 04-29-2010 at 06:20 PM.