Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what are the average monthly expenses for retirees

Wow! Now that's scary! I looked up the boas, they are native to South & Central America. I also read that most deliver live snakes 20-60 at a time,yet, there is one that deliver eggs. www.floridawildlifetrapper.com/flnwr_wp/ this is at Nuisance Wildlife Removal.

Apparently, they (Boas) are hunted for the leather industry. Hmmm!

Aruba since 1979
    let's get this more focused on the thread's name...
    i am one that brought it off topic...........shame on me.

Okay, this one I was confused on, taxes. How does this work if I have no real estate? I have tax-free income from the states, does that mean I will get a tax bill from the government, or do I pay a bill upon leaving at the airport? Or will it be that since my income is tax-free I will owe no taxes to the Aruba government? When shopping are there sales tax-or will I pay VAT (value added tax)? If I rent an apartment, will I have to pay a tax such as those paid for hotel stay - I think it's like an accommodation fee.

Aruba since 1979
    annjell
    maybe some of these questions about the taxes etc, could be answered by the person that you are renting from, or the management company or the rental realtor??

Taxes (sale tax) are called BBO and Andrea posted an article in general that BBO is getting decreased.

I think the accommodation tax (or hotel tax) would depend where you are staying/renting but agree that would be an issue for the place you are staying.

Are you planning on living here full time?

Aruba since 1979
    lisa is the person that found and posted the BBO news release.

Hello Lizzardo, Yes. I was considering coming for at least 90 days. This would give me a chance to explore the islands and my options.

Arubalisa and Andrea, thanks for your help. I did see this post a while back, however, I was confused on what is happening. Again, my income is tax-free, I don't pay taxes here in the states, and wanted to be sure if I'd have to pay taxes on my tax-free income there.
    Thanks.

LOL - we hear you . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    WOW! You are lucky! We have a big lot and house and 7 aircos.

We have some of our aircos on all day, an irrigation system, pool, satelite TV, maid, gardener!

Lizzardo - we live in TDS (Las Palmas) - I have been tracking our expenses and for water (WEB), electric (Elmar), Setar (Cable and Phone), gas (Arugas) and taxes . . . we are tracking at AWG1,500 per month before food . . . or about $1,000 USD per month before food . . . food is the wild card.

Hello MMattalo,

Are these the amounts for a 1 or 2-bdrm apartment? Is there any way, if you don't mind breakdown the cost. For instance, cable and telephone - does this include premium channels for cable, and long distance for telephone. Any information you are willing to give will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast