Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where To Buy Appliances and Furniture ???

Where To Buy Appliances and Furniture ???

Need to buy quite a few electrical appliances (Washing Machine, Refridgerator, TV) and quite a lots of furniture in the next month or two. Does anyone know the best place on the island to buy them ?

Alternatively does anyone know any U.S. or Venezuelan stores that ship to Aruba ?

Thanks in advance....

Hi: From others we have learned of the following suppliers in Aruba. Megamall (Cash and Carry), The Jungle, Teak House, Texas furniture, Home and Nature, Hoogmeyer. We will know more after we come there at the end of January.

Many thanks for your reply Bill.

If you could let me know how you find the prices and any suggestions as to where the best value for money can be obtained when you get back it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards from a very cold London... Brrrr

Banned
    Call 1-800-to-aruba for some help on that one.

Furniture

I am building a home in Aruba and shipping all of the furniture. If you want details on the furniture company selections and shipping feel free to email me for details: steventford@insightbb.com

If you order them online in the US you can ship them to an address in FL. Call this guy, Pablito Flemming at 297 593 5442 he offers service of shipping from an address in FL. Shipment leaves FL on Fridays and get in here by Tuesday, clears custom, offload containers, by Friday latest you'll have your goods in Aruba.
    By the way, this is not just some guy shipping stuff, it is a legitimate company I just have had such a good working relationship with him for years, that I don't even remember the name of the business. You can call him to see if the prices would benefit you.

Regards,

Bryan Morris
    Aruba's Premier Wedding Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    Need to buy quite a few electrical appliances (Washing Machine, Refridgerator, TV) and quite a lots of furniture in the next month or two. Does anyone know the best place on the island to buy them ?

Alternatively does anyone know any U.S. or Venezuelan stores that ship to Aruba ?

Thanks in advance....

Bryan

Could you find his business details or does he have a web site ?

In your experience do you have a rough idea of shipping costs to Aruba ?

Does anyone have any idea how much customs import duty and shipping costs would be for a fridge/freezer, washing machine and LCD total value $3000.00 from the U.S. ?

Hi Elephant_Guy,

The name of his business is:

P&S Services
    Macuarima 74 Office #1
    Phone# 585-8330
    Fax# 585-8360
    Cell: 593-5442
    Email: psservices@setarnet.aw

No, he does not have a website.

I'll contact him a little later concerning the duties and I'll let you know.

Bryan Morris
    Aruba's Premier Wedding Photographer

Many thanks Bryan

The shipping and customs costs will enable me to make a really accurate comparison between whether buying the apppliances on the island will be cheaper than shipping them from Florida.

Really appreciate it...

Smile A question for Bryan

We are also interested in costs of furniture, appliances etc. for our house in Aruba.

Do you, or anyone else reading this have any comparasion at all between pricing in US and Aruba. Does it make sense to purchase in US even with the additional shipping costs. What about warranties etc.

I would really like to hear from someone who has done a comparasion or has shipped into Aruba. I would be most interested in the issues around duty etc. If one is taking in original artworks are they also subject to duty What about personal effects?

Are prices in Aruba much higher?

Thanks anyone who can shed some light on this topic. I believe there are a lot of us wondering about these issues based on what I have seen on various boards, so if someone can assist this will help a lot of folks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast