pier
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where To Buy Appliances and Furniture ???

Hi Elephant_Guy,

I've tried getting in contact with Pablito and didn't untill now. I'm a bit busy myself. However what he said to me is that he has to know the measurements of the boxes to be able to determine an average price.

I guess if you'll contact him he will be able to give you details.

As pertaining to duties it will be 12% of the price.

Regards,

Bryan Morris
    Aruba's Premier Wedding Photographer

Thanks Bryan

Will give Pablito a ring or email after I get over and collate a few prices from the stores in Aruba.

Thanks for your posts, they have been very helpful. Had thought more people would have shipped appliances over from the U.S. in the recent past.....

Kindest regards

my husband and I stumbled upon a store back behind (a couple more blocks) from Driftwood Rest. Its a Lucky's Dept. store! WOW the things we found were incredible! They sell from washing machines to linens to knick knacks. Everything one would need for a home!

Also there is an appliance store in the same building as Certified Grocery Store by Hong King! There is a little (and I mean little) mall there and one store is an appliance store selling EVERYTHING!
    Last edited by elisabeth_nj; 01-16-2008 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    We are also interested in costs of furniture, appliances etc. for our house in Aruba.

Do you, or anyone else reading this have any comparasion at all between pricing in US and Aruba. Does it make sense to purchase in US even with the additional shipping costs. What about warranties etc.

I would really like to hear from someone who has done a comparasion or has shipped into Aruba. I would be most interested in the issues around duty etc. If one is taking in original artworks are they also subject to duty What about personal effects?

Are prices in Aruba much higher?

Thanks anyone who can shed some light on this topic. I believe there are a lot of us wondering about these issues based on what I have seen on various boards, so if someone can assist this will help a lot of folks.
    OK, there's to ways to go about this.

Decide your budget.

Option 1
    Know that for that budget you get whatever you need. However choices are limited.

Option 2
    Shop in the US, you have a large variety and it's cheaper than here but by the time you get it here it might be pretty equal to your budget.

Weigh out your pros and cons and then decide.

I don't know about artwork but I you're charged for everything else so why not.

I was thinking though, Are you guys coming to live, meaning will you be citizens? If so I believe that free import then would apply.
    I'm not sure but I'll make a couple of call to find out for you.

Regards,

Bryan Morris
    Aruba's Premier Wedding Photographer

I found this on the Cas Bon website. I don't know how accurate it is.

Luxury/Economy
    Fridge with ice-maker:$ 2,359.00/$ 1,797.00
    Range and oven:1,123.00 /730.00
    Microwave:168.00 /123.00
    Washer:617.00 /561.00
    Dryer:561.00 /505.00
    Dishwasher:702.00 /505.00

Hello all,

hdyuy hjuys huyxc kjyuynh jk asjunh
    Last edited by Retagger; 01-21-2008 at 05:32 PM.

I am sorry for the last post, I am having computer problems....

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    I found this on the Cas Bon website. I don't know how accurate it is.

Luxury/Economy
    Fridge with ice-maker:$ 2,359.00/$ 1,797.00
    Range and oven:1,123.00 /730.00
    Microwave:168.00 /123.00
    Washer:617.00 /561.00
    Dryer:561.00 /505.00
    Dishwasher:702.00 /505.00

Good post by BillStellar.

I have never seen the Cas Bon website before but in addition to quoting these appliance prices, it also provides lots of other FAQ's that are very interesting, like info about Water and Electricity companies, Cable/Satellite and other useful bits for people thinking of moving to Aruba. Thanks Bill !!

Aruba prices are higher but by the time you ship (wait for your shipment) pay the taxes it is not worth it!!!!!! Buy it in ARUBA I did and furnished a house with beautiful furniture (Nice quality) Good Luck You can look at my website go2aruba.com Most purchased from Teak House, The Jungle and Texas.

I have owned a home in Aruba for the past 5 years and am in the process of purchasing another one. There are many places to buy furniture and appliances. The best places i have found for appliances are Easy Brothers - near the grocery stores and Unicom - one location near grocery stores and another location on the same road as Price Smart. Price Smart also sells refrigerators.
    For furniture, I like the Economic Center best - they have nice furniture at very reasonable prices but there are lots of other places - Texas Furniture, Teak House, Jungle, and more. For small apliances - coffee pots, toaster, etc, Lucky Store is a good place - they also sell stoves and refrigerators. Feel free to ask any additional questions - I'd be happy to answer them for you....Cheryl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast