Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wind and Solar Energy

Wind and Solar Energy

What are the prospects for introducing wind and solar energy to the island? It seems Aruba is an ideal candidate for such technology since it has so many days of sunshine and tropical wind. With the high cost of energy on the island, I would think homeowners would be chumping at the bit to have solar panels installed on their roofs. And I can just see those wind fans now, spinning day and night as the ocean breezes brush up against them. I wonder what the Aruban government's position might be on this technology. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Wind Turbines on the way!

Solar Hot Water Heater

"Proven Energy, the worldwide leading provider of robust, reliable wind turbines announces the appointment of Engysol NV as a distributor in the Caribbean."
    http://www.provenenergy.co.uk/proven_energy_news0026.php

Enz

Windpark Aruba

I had the same thoughts! Google Windpark Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    enz
    welcome to the forum

since you are doing house renovations are you putting in any wind or sun technology devices?

Most Arubans don't even use water heaters here since the water system is gravity fed and is warm already. We don't have "cold" water here but
    warm/hot water is more of the norm so I think that is why you don't
    see solar water heaters so much here.

The general store by pricemart does now sell turbines (have one
    outside their store) but not really sure of the technology.

SanNic is the expert on that subject!

Quote Originally Posted by holliesfan View Post
    What are the prospects for introducing wind and solar energy to the island? It seems Aruba is an ideal candidate for such technology since it has so many days of sunshine and tropical wind. With the high cost of energy on the island, I would think homeowners would be chumping at the bit to have solar panels installed on their roofs. And I can just see those wind fans now, spinning day and night as the ocean breezes brush up against them. I wonder what the Aruban government's position might be on this technology. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.
    I would love to install solar on anyone's house or business who wants it in Aruba. I am a solar installation contractor from the states who visits Aruba every year. I would one day like to move to Aruba if I could just convince my wife to. But I would love to work there, so if anyone is interested in solar for their home or business in Aruba let me know and I'm there.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    When we were exploring in the "Outback" we came across this wonderful sight -- it makes so much sense, hope more will be added!

Waiting for the windfarm project to begin here on Cape Cod!

(DH listening to the turbines)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wind and Solar Energy-img_5193.jpg   Wind and Solar Energy-img_5194.jpg  

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We were talking about the island having wind turbines before we went on the Green Zebra excursion. We were excited to see they already existed on the island. I think our guide said they cut energy costs by 20% on the island.

They are talking about putting some of these in Lake Michigan where we live in West Michigan.

Are Solar panels easy to import from America?

Yes when we buy our home, hopefully next year. We would love you to fit Solar Power. Is it a expensive job? Could it be used to run swimming pool heater or filter? And general house hold electric?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast