Aruba Beach

Thread: Wishing to move to Aruba for a year or two

Coral Reef Savaneta, Zeerovers and Ponchos grill( really ponchos grill cocktails)

Smile Wishing to move to Aruba for a year or two

Hello All.

I've recently returned from vacation in Aruba and fell in love with the Island. I would love to be able to move there for a year or two.

I wonder if anyone can help me with regards to a job search. I'm a qualified dental assistant in the UK with a radiography certificate. I have emailed an Orthodontist in Aruba with regards on how to find employment within dentistry and if my qualifications will be accepted in Aruba. So I thought I could maybe ask all of you? Does anyone know? Or does anyone know of where I can search job listings and try to find something an English woman could possibly fill?

Hope all is well in the ONE happy Island. I miss it so much and look forward to your reply's.

Kim

This link has alot of info regarding working/living in Aruba:

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/faqs-jobs-moving-living-business-aruba-38727/

In general:

Any foreigner who wants to exercise a profession/occupation must have a work permit to do so. The work permit will normally be granted only if there are no qualified persons locally available. In general, requests for work permits will only be taken into consideration if submitted through a local employer, who has to accept full responsibility for any possible expenses to be incurred by the government relative to its employees. For a trainee position or internship a special work permit is required.

Most jobs also require that you speak several languages including Dutch and/or Papiamento.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Coral Reef Savaneta, Zeerovers and Ponchos grill( really ponchos grill cocktails)
    Hi Amy. Thanks so much for the information. I've already ordered a Learn Dutch CD and will try to learn as much papiamento as possible from the internet before my next visit- whether a vacation or something a little more long term. I really need to find out whether my occupation is required there and if so then to find a job. If I'm successful then work permits and visas can be applied for.
    Your next vacation isn't far off, enjoy. x

Hi Again Guys and Girls.

Just wondered if any of you could let me know a little about your dental practice and whether they have an email address? I would like to contact a few and have a chat about possibilities of working. Thanks so much.

Kim xx

Not following your question about asking about someone's dental practice.
    I don't think Amy is a dentist....

Here is the yellow page listings of dentist on the island -
    contact them (phone them. emails occasionally answered)

http://s2.arubayp.com/sys/pageserver...tists&pa=Aruba

Hi Liz. Thank you for that. Sorry about the confusion. The information Amy shared with me re: work permits and laws is very helpful. I then was just asking more or less for the info you put a link to re: dentists.
    I'll call one on Monday and hopefully have an answer as to whether I can work as Dental assistant there. Then if not, I can go about looking into other options to allow me to spend a year or two in Aruba. Saying that, I have already started.
    The kitten in your profile pic is gorgeous. Next time I'm over, I'll try to bring some donations for your sanctuary.

Thanks again for your help.
    Have a good day
    Kim

Hi,

I live in aruba, in savaneta, for all the dentals things We go to Hernandez clinic in Savaneta, they are doing a really good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have it on the list of lizzardo!!!
    Bye

Sophie