Aruba Beach

Thread: working in aruba!!

working in aruba!!

Well I made it to Aruba to start working. I am set up in a nice double wide trailer with two bedrooms and baths, kitchen etc. I am impressed. My first full day here it rained practically all day last sunday. weather is getting back to normal from what i hear, Very Windy and warm. DOwn here in San Nicolas it is rather gritty. almost like two different islands compared to the west end where all the tourists and high rises are. I look forward to spending some time over the weekend with all the tourists away from work.
    The beaches are very nice from the limited time I have seen them since getting here. Work has preveted me from exploring more.
    matt

Quote Originally Posted by earney99 View Post
    Well I made it to Aruba to start working. I am set up in a nice double wide trailer with two bedrooms and baths, kitchen etc. I am impressed. My first full day here it rained practically all day last sunday. weather is getting back to normal from what i hear, Very Windy and warm. DOwn here in San Nicolas it is rather gritty. almost like two different islands compared to the west end where all the tourists and high rises are. I look forward to spending some time over the weekend with all the tourists away from work.
    The beaches are very nice from the limited time I have seen them since getting here. Work has preveted me from exploring more.
    matt
    Glad to hear that you are settling in! The best is yet to come!

Aruba since 1979
    earney
    maybe you can take advantage of some off season rates OR bid on priceline every friday night! meaning.........head up to the lo or hi rise section on the weekends for some r and r!!!.

many of us in the new england area head off to the mountains or to the cape on the weekends.....................you can head over to eagle beach and be on vacation every weekend.

i do hope that you have 2 days off in a row so that you do get some exploring time.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by earney99 View Post
    matt

Hey earney

Hey man my name is Josh and im headed to Aruba in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if u might be looking for a roommate?? im 23 almost 24 and would like to work down there. my intention is to stay for at least 6 months if not longer. i would love to find some work too. im from Vermont and am extremely sociable. i have worked in the Human services field for the last 3 years. Anyway thats a bit about me i guess if ur interested in it or even helping me get my feet wet with these needs that would be awesome. let me know thanks man!!!

right now is low season so you might find some good deals - ask the locals. Also now is the hot & rain season. It will get better and breezier (hopefully soon)

the desert. the national park just laying on the beach in total relaxation.
    hey matt, I'm grady, been to aruba 11 times, bought a timeshare and always have a ball there and unbelievable relaxation. I too have thought about moving there and working. I have owned an electrical business in the states for 30 years and have pretty much retired. I was thinking about trying a small business there of service work only or maybe a new home here and there. Don't want to do much but I'd like to have something to keep me busy but not too busy. Do you think that's maybe a good idea or not?

Info regarding relocating/working in Aruba:

http://www.arubachamber.com/relocation.htm

It is difficult (but not impossible) if you are not an Aruban or Dutch citizen. Plus there are the additional language requirements most jobs in Aruba have - speaking Dutch, Spanish, Papiamento and English. Certifications are usually Dutch/Aruban, too.
    ~Amy~

30th trip to Aruba: April 2014
    16 days in Rome/Southern Italy: Aug. 2014
    NYC: Nov. 2014
    31st trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2014

the desert. the national park just laying on the beach in total relaxation.
    Thanks Amy,

That Papiamento is gonna give me trouble.
    Last edited by shady grady; 10-19-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Earney99,

San Nicolaas can be on the gritty side, but don't overlook the gems. Have a nice meal at Pueblito Paisa, across the from the car wash by Hollywood Bar. Also, Rincon Colombiana on Main Street is good. Charlie's is a sure-hit for tourists and expats as well. Amazing (if still open) is good for Ribs on Thrusdays. I think Astoria closed but those guys were/are always great.

Further up the road in Savaneta is Hoi Sing for low-cost high-carb Chinese. On Spanish Lagoon Weg by the water is Nam Yong, also good for Chinese, especially if you like mussels in spicy sauce.

You'll find great little beaches in Savaneta that are deserted during the week (for the most part).

Then, since you're living there you can roam up to the hotel area and partake of whatever special fits your fancy.

See you there soon.

SanNic44
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/