Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working From Aruba

John - have you ever done a speed test on the DSL line? Any sense of what kind of throughput you're seeing? I'm trying to get a sense of any size limitations/performance issues I might have. Thanks for your help!

I do not know how technical you are, but to answer you yes. As I previously mentioned my career was in IT Engineering and while on the Island I am frequently called upon to remotely access and resolve issues on client locations in North America. To be able to do certain things I require very good bandwidth and so far, ot her than about 4 years ago, this has never been an issue with Setar. I have tweaked the MTU ( Maximum Transmission Unit) sizing and found this has helped with speed and sometimes issues with graphic displays. I suspect that Setar may not optimize their routers. The other issue I have had on occasion has been that of not being able to browse to certain websites. In this case I suspect the DNS resolvers are not configured correctly. I must be honest and say that these issues have happened very seldom.

Hope this helps

John

Perfect. Thanks... yes, that all made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Perfect. Thanks... yes, that all made sense to me.
    One thing I forgot to mention. For a very small incremental cost, Setar do offer an unlimited service. I suggest this, as with the basic service it can be very expensive to go over the allotted amount and they are not forgiving!!! I speak from experience and an empty wallet

Heh. Been there - I'm pretty sure I kept Bell Canada afloat for awhile back in the day. Good point. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12