Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brightly colored swim suits

Aruba since 1979

brightly colored swim suits

from experience as a red cross water safety instructor and lifeguard training instructor, it is important to dress ourselves and our loved ones in brightly colored swim attire so that we are easily spotted on the beach and or in the water.

that being said, i always wear a dark bathing suit (black or blue)
    there was a reason that GOD created elephants gray,

Dress you kids Brightly at the beach.

Andrea

Thanks Andrea this should be a fun/ interesting thread

Aruba since 1979
    the tips can be serious and or funny!
    i hope we all enjoy it.

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by confused1 View Post
    Thanks Andrea this should be a fun/ interesting thread

My tip of the day is...do not wear a bright yellow bikini if you don't belong in it. Saw a real sight today. What was this person thinging???
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I actually saw a documentary on the discovery channel 2 days ago, this was concerning shark and shark attacks. They did a couple of tests with colored wet suits to find out which color attracted the shark the most. The color that actually attracted the sharks (great white) was yellow. Black was the color the shark was least interested in and as a matter of fact wouldn't even come close to the person. But when he was wearing yellow the sharks came close and started attacking. These new research they've done were very interesting and made me think.... maybe that's why most wet suits are black?

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    My tip of the day is...do not wear a bright yellow bikini if you don't belong in it. Saw a real sight today. What was this person thinging???
    And this is why I love being in Europe where no one judges your body size or shape but embraces everyone as a person (not a body). I hate what society has done to our way of thinking in that everyone has to look perfect in whatever they choose to wear. If you feel comfortable in it - wear it! Don't let society or other people's views dictate what you can and cannot wear. Sorry, just my opinion coming out and I will step off of the soapbox now.....
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I should buy brightly colored swim-trunks for my husband Bill. I spend so much time at the edge of the water, scanning the waves for him, and then just when I've adjusted to being a widow, he comes stumbling out of the water, snorkel in hand and a BIG smile on his face...

P.S. You will actually be able to witness this behavior... we will be at the Bucuti in 7 days...I will be the woman at the edge of the surf wearing the two-piece bathing suit that I have no business wearing!
    Bill and Jean

Quote Originally Posted by BillandJean View Post
    I should buy brightly colored swim-trunks for my husband Bill. I spend so much time at the edge of the water, scanning the waves for him, and then just when I've adjusted to being a widow, he comes stumbling out of the water, snorkel in hand and a BIG smile on his face...

P.S. You will actually be able to witness this behavior... we will be at the Bucuti in 7 days...I will be the woman at the edge of the surf wearing the two-piece bathing suit that I have no business wearing!
    I'll be at Amsterdam Manor....I'll have to walk down the beach and help you search for Bill! And we can compare two-piece swimsuits (I'll be the one sucking my stomach in!)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

How is orange for you?

Can always spot dh a mile away with his hat.
    When you don't have much on top you need some protection.

In the spirit of the thread, we all wear the hats to protect our head, ears, and faces from Aruba's fierce sun. ...and Mom's bonus? They are machine washable.

Aruba since 1979
    what a handsome twosome
    and why is mommy not in photo?

and re: hubby's in water and wife on edge.....................................at falmouth heights beach, dh was out neck deep waving his trunks over his head as i stood at water's edge pretending i did not know him.
    this was way back in the olden days when it was legal
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    How is orange for you?

Can always spot dh a mile away with his hat.
    When you don't have much on top you need some protection.

In the spirit of the thread, we all wear the hats to protect our head, ears, and faces from Aruba's fierce sun. ...and Mom's bonus? They are machine washable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast