Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Food from States to Aruba?

I have taken frozen food like sauce and calzones in my carryon. Cereal, snacks cookies as long as it is not liquid or opened your fine. Checked luggage is fine to take food also

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Anyone Bring Food in their suitcases?

Just curious. When my family travels to Disney, we pack some snacks in the suitcase to take with us (granola bars, small cereal boxes, etc.). Are you allowed to bring food like this into Aruba? I really do not plan on going to a supermarket when there, so just wondering what I can bring from home for the kids. Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    the short answer is YES bring whatever can fit in your checked luggage!
    other thread that goes into a lot of detail
    click below
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f33/bring...s-aruba-41013/

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "whatever can fit in your checked luggage!"
    ------ Ditto. Would not try to carry some stuff in carry-on. Last year I had a can of coffee in carry-on. While a can of coffee is OK they had to pull me over to a table and open up small suitcase to see what it was.
    Not again. Will put in checked. I make my own coffee in the mornings.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by jasta View Post
    Just curious. When my family travels to Disney, we pack some snacks in the suitcase to take with us (granola bars, small cereal boxes, etc.). Are you allowed to bring food like this into Aruba? I really do not plan on going to a supermarket when there, so just wondering what I can bring from home for the kids. Thanks!
    Pack away...anything you can get into your suitcase is worth taking...except fruit I believe...We take coffee, granola bars, easy mac, blocks of cheese, english muffins, peanut butter, microwave popcorn, crackers, goldfish...

cindyo

Not in my check-in luggage....but as a carry on...collapsible coolers...We bring frozen..vacuum packed meat...Steaks...chops..hamburger...

Can never seem to find the same quality as home..plus I bring meat to give to friends on the Island...They always seem excited to get it.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    One couple we met while there last week said they had 50lbs of food in one bag and their clothes in another. They brought anything from snacks to frozen meat, potatoes, onions...you name it!

Aruba since 1979
    the way i figure it.........if it FITS and it works for you/your lifestyle, go for it!!
    so many of us are wanting to "eat in more often"......for reasons that are pretty commonplace
    - financial concerns
    - making use of the timeshare kitchen
    - just plain tedious going to a restaurant every night

hubby and i ate IN more than ever during our last aruba trip.
    we brought some frozen food/meat and other things in our checked luggage.
    it worked out well for us.
    since AA does not charge for international checked bags, we figured it was a win win situation.
    it worked for us.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the way i figure it.........if it FITS and it works for you/your lifestyle, go for it!!
    so many of us are wanting to "eat in more often"......for reasons that are pretty commonplace
    - financial concerns
    - making use of the timeshare kitchen
    - just plain tedious going to a restaurant every night

hubby and i ate IN more than ever during our last aruba trip.
    we brought some frozen food/meat and other things in our checked luggage.
    it worked out well for us.
    since AA does not charge for international checked bags, we figured it was a win win situation.
    it worked for us.
    that has always been why we eat in,,,,its cheaper to eat in and then choose a favorite or 2 and one new choice to go out during our stay.
    as for packing groceries...we also pack all kinds of things that are cheaper to pack then to buy on the island......since I have status with USAir I can take 2 bags and Dh is allowed since he travels with me...so 4 in all is alot of groceries...(we dont really take that much though...)
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We figured eating out for breakfast and dinner took up to 5 or 6 hours of our day! We started eating breakfast in and only dinner out (we rarely ate lunch) about every other night. The days seemed so much longer and the pocket book heavier!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast