Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 97

Thread: Bringing Food from States to Aruba?

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Marriott Surf Club
    Posts
    5
    Wow! Thanks everyone. I will be packing away!

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    426
    Hi, I bring frozen Pizza and meat pie and pack it with a Ice Pack and it stays in the bag and is still frozen when we get to our room plus we bring all kind of breakfast supplies.
    Next Aruba trip in

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    We bring booze and lots of it in the checked luggage. A real money saver over the course of two weeks.

  4. #34
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    for those that choose to do as pattyt does and bring lots of booze in checked luggage....be forewarned that aruba customs officers occasionally do spot checks of stuff coming in to aruba. if you have more than the allotment per person there will be a duty to pay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    We bring booze and lots of it in the checked luggage. A real money saver over the course of two weeks.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    for those that choose to do as pattyt does and bring lots of booze in checked luggage....be forewarned that aruba customs officers occasionally do spot checks of stuff coming in to aruba. if you have more than the allotment per person there will be a duty to pay.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f33/customs-37169/
    Aruba Customs on Liquor

  6. #36
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    ALLOWANCE DUTY FREE
    1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer

    3 litres of beer isn't all that much is it?

  7. #37
    Senior Member corona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    479
    Are we allowed to bring in fresh fruit (ex. apples)?

    Same rules for dried fruit, such as raisins?

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Pack away...anything you can get into your suitcase is worth taking...except fruit I believe...We take coffee, granola bars, easy mac, blocks of cheese, english muffins, peanut butter, microwave popcorn, crackers, goldfish...

    cindyo
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    for those that choose to do as pattyt does and bring lots of booze in checked luggage....be forewarned that aruba customs officers occasionally do spot checks of stuff coming in to aruba. if you have more than the allotment per person there will be a duty to pay.
    Even if they did check your carry-on luggage(which they never have, even last November 2009). If they charged you a tariff of 21% on top of what you paid for the liquor in the states, it would still be far less expensive than buying in Aruba IMHO. I guess I've just been lucky the past few years

  9. #39
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    The last time we went thru customs AFTER we had our suitcases they were questioning people with what they might want to report. We were lucky to have 4 of us so we were able to carry 4 bottles thru. Another behind us wasn't so lucky and had to pay $11.00 for each bottle over their allotment. There we were a couple and had 4 bottles, thus they paid 22.00....

  10. #40
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    i think many of us have been lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    Even if they did check your carry-on luggage(which they never have, even last November 2009). If they charged you a tariff of 21% on top of what you paid for the liquor in the states, it would still be far less expensive than buying in Aruba IMHO. I guess I've just been lucky the past few years

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO