Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Food from States to Aruba?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    The last time we went thru customs AFTER we had our suitcases they were questioning people with what they might want to report. We were lucky to have 4 of us so we were able to carry 4 bottles thru. Another behind us wasn't so lucky and had to pay $11.00 for each bottle over their allotment. There we were a couple and had 4 bottles, thus they paid 22.00....
    Exactly, At $11.00 a bottle on a 1.75 Liter bottle it would still be cheaper than buying in Aruba, not by a whole lot, but still cheaper.

Junior Member mandylovestotravel's Avatar
    Glad I read this thread! I will plan to bring a 2 bottles of Absolute and 1 Baccardi now. Plus my necessary peanut butter, protein bars and crystal light!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Glad I read this thread! I will plan to bring a 2 bottles of Absolute and 1 Baccardi now. Plus my necessary peanut butter, protein bars and crystal light!
    Mandy...just b careful they don't go thru your luggage, or they will make you pay duty on the overage of liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Mandy...just b careful they don't go thru your luggage, or they will make you pay duty on the overage of liquor.
    Since there are three of is then the three liter bottles is okay, correct? One for each of us...

Aruba since 1979
    yup works fine.
    cushion those bottles well in checked luggage.
    or transfer them into plastic water bottles....but still cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Since there are three of is then the three liter bottles is okay, correct? One for each of us...

Can anyone tell me why the dog was let out at US Customs on our leaving of Aruba someone said the dog was looking for food? We returned 2 weeks ago.

Aruba since 1979
    the dog was probably looking for drugs

and there are certain food items NOT allowed to be brought out of aruba and into the USA (fruit/produce and lots of other things.....cold cuts that are already in sandwiches)

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why the dog was let out at US Customs on our leaving of Aruba someone said the dog was looking for food? We returned 2 weeks ago.

We packed one carry on with cereral for our son, and honestly he only ate the cereal once. We have a mini fridge in our room as well, so we walked to the "supermarket" and it is stocked with juices, milk and some Balashi Beer!
    I am glad we brought the goldfish, and cookies for him, but you can buy most of these items here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    cushion those bottles well in checked luggage.
    or transfer them into plastic water bottles....but still cushion.
    Since I am a frequent cruisers; I use Rum Runners (http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/) for my liquor transporting to ensure my clothes remain clean and dry. They work perfectly! After 16 cruisers, I can testify that they do not leak or burst. And they must also go through ship security because none have ever gotten confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    Detector Dogs: CBP's "Secret Weapons"
    "U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has an elite workforce that works for room and board and playtime. They work in air-conditioned airports, over rough and dangerous terrain, they travel the deserts and the deep forests, roam through vehicles at exhaust choked land border crossings, and inspect warehouses that are either hot or cold depending on the season. They are loyal and do their duty unquestioning. That workforce is made up of the more than 1,200 canines that detect narcotics, hidden or lost people, explosives, currency, and contraband agriculture products."

Canine Enforcement Program
    "As their core mission, CBP Officers use specially trained detector dogs to interdict large quantities of illegal narcotic substances, concealed humans, smuggled agriculture products, and unreported currency at our nation's ports of entry. The Canine Enforcement Program is also involved in specialized detection programs aimed at combating terrorist threats at our nation's borders and international airports."

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast