Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 97

Thread: Bringing Food from States to Aruba?

  1. #51
    Junior Member lemarier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    13
    We too use the rum runners and they are GREAT!!

  2. #52
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    the thing about the rum runners is that folks bring them as carry on and that makes me uneasy

  3. #53
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Since there are three of is then the three liter bottles is okay, correct? One for each of us...
    Yep, you SB fine...enjoy.

  4. #54
    Junior Member mandylovestotravel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the thing about the rum runners is that folks bring them as carry on and that makes me uneasy
    Wow, I wouldn't risk taking them as a carry-on the way security is now with liquids. I have never know anyone to bring them as carry-on either; I would be scared they would get confiscated that way and lots o money in the trash! I use them to ensure no spillage or bottle breaking plus they pack easily since they bend and flex around clothing, shoes, etc. So for that they are very handy

  5. #55
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    exactly very handy.
    the thing that i mentioned my uneasiness is the video on their website showed the person putting them in their pocket....almost looked like the person was trying to sneak it thru.

    i have got a friend that like his scotch and is a frequent cruiser. he always has his bottles of scotch confiscated when going thru cruise ship security.
    he certainly would make good use of the "rum runners".
    (the cruise lines do not care that one is bringing on liquids as a security threat...they care that one is bringing booze that takes away from booze revenue sold on the ship.)

    Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't risk taking them as a carry-on the way security is now with liquids. I have never know anyone to bring them as carry-on either; I would be scared they would get confiscated that way and lots o money in the trash! I use them to ensure no spillage or bottle breaking plus they pack easily since they bend and flex around clothing, shoes, etc. So for that they are very handy

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5

    Food

    Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring packaged food into Aruba, ie canned tuna, crackers, cold cereal, I have a little one traveling with me and she only likes certain cold cereal. Any help you can give would be appreciated. I read somewhere in this forum that you can but can't find it now and want to make sure. Thanks

  7. #57
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,889
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/anyone...itcases-44523/

    check out this thread about food.
    welcome to the forum!

    Quote Originally Posted by dwe2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring packaged food into Aruba, ie canned tuna, crackers, cold cereal, I have a little one traveling with me and she only likes certain cold cereal. Any help you can give would be appreciated. I read somewhere in this forum that you can but can't find it now and want to make sure. Thanks

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    72
    What To Bring On Your Vacation

    www.aruba.com/forum/f35/what-bring-your-vacation-31275/
    Quote Originally Posted by dwe2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring packaged food into Aruba, ie canned tuna, crackers, cold cereal, I have a little one traveling with me and she only likes certain cold cereal. Any help you can give would be appreciated. I read somewhere in this forum that you can but can't find it now and want to make sure. Thanks

  9. #59
    Senior Member sunscreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    127

    See what you started!!!!

    Everyone wants to chime in

    We'll if you're staying at the Surf Club - you will definitely want to plan for food as that's one of the key features of the timeshare. All the above post/replies are right on the money. Lings, Certified or one of the markets is a must - the key is not to over do it because it's nothing worse than trying to figure out what to do with all that food you did not consume. Also, since most food in Aruba is imported in, our strategy is to pack (as long as it remains in the original wrapping) our favorite meats and we get fresh fish when the fisherman arrive right by the docks adjacent the surf club.

    Anyway, just chiming in with my 2 cents as in about 6 weeks I'll be waving to everyone from our 11th floor villa

  10. #60
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177

    What Food Do You Bring in Your Suitcase?

    What Food Do You Bring in Your Suitcase?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO