Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Food from States to Aruba?

We too use the rum runners and they are GREAT!!

Aruba since 1979
    the thing about the rum runners is that folks bring them as carry on and that makes me uneasy

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Since there are three of is then the three liter bottles is okay, correct? One for each of us...
    Yep, you SB fine...enjoy.

Junior Member mandylovestotravel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the thing about the rum runners is that folks bring them as carry on and that makes me uneasy
    Wow, I wouldn't risk taking them as a carry-on the way security is now with liquids. I have never know anyone to bring them as carry-on either; I would be scared they would get confiscated that way and lots o money in the trash! I use them to ensure no spillage or bottle breaking plus they pack easily since they bend and flex around clothing, shoes, etc. So for that they are very handy

Aruba since 1979
    exactly very handy.
    the thing that i mentioned my uneasiness is the video on their website showed the person putting them in their pocket....almost looked like the person was trying to sneak it thru.

i have got a friend that like his scotch and is a frequent cruiser. he always has his bottles of scotch confiscated when going thru cruise ship security.
    he certainly would make good use of the "rum runners".
    (the cruise lines do not care that one is bringing on liquids as a security threat...they care that one is bringing booze that takes away from booze revenue sold on the ship.)

Quote Originally Posted by mandylovestotravel View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't risk taking them as a carry-on the way security is now with liquids. I have never know anyone to bring them as carry-on either; I would be scared they would get confiscated that way and lots o money in the trash! I use them to ensure no spillage or bottle breaking plus they pack easily since they bend and flex around clothing, shoes, etc. So for that they are very handy

Food

Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring packaged food into Aruba, ie canned tuna, crackers, cold cereal, I have a little one traveling with me and she only likes certain cold cereal. Any help you can give would be appreciated. I read somewhere in this forum that you can but can't find it now and want to make sure. Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/anyone...itcases-44523/

check out this thread about food.
    welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by dwe2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring packaged food into Aruba, ie canned tuna, crackers, cold cereal, I have a little one traveling with me and she only likes certain cold cereal. Any help you can give would be appreciated. I read somewhere in this forum that you can but can't find it now and want to make sure. Thanks

What To Bring On Your Vacation

www.aruba.com/forum/f35/what-bring-your-vacation-31275/
    Quote Originally Posted by dwe2 View Post

See what you started!!!!

Everyone wants to chime in

We'll if you're staying at the Surf Club - you will definitely want to plan for food as that's one of the key features of the timeshare. All the above post/replies are right on the money. Lings, Certified or one of the markets is a must - the key is not to over do it because it's nothing worse than trying to figure out what to do with all that food you did not consume. Also, since most food in Aruba is imported in, our strategy is to pack (as long as it remains in the original wrapping) our favorite meats and we get fresh fish when the fisherman arrive right by the docks adjacent the surf club.

Anyway, just chiming in with my 2 cents as in about 6 weeks I'll be waving to everyone from our 11th floor villa

What Food Do You Bring in Your Suitcase?

What Food Do You Bring in Your Suitcase?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast