Aruba Beach

Thread: Bringing Gifts to Aruba

Bringing Gifts to Aruba

HI All! We are going to Aruba this week (Yea!!) and wanted to bring a gift to Miss Petty, the LaCabana timeshare lady. Three questions: Does anyone know if she is still at LaCabana? (She used to be on the beach, but last time we were there, she had been moved to inside the lobby.) Is it even appropriate to bring her a gift? (We tried to tip her once and she adamantly refused and said we would get her fired!) What is a good gift? (Perhaps something they don't have there.) Thanks for your help!

For myself I often bring them Maple Syrup or products
    Last edited by qlaval; 07-09-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Pierre

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Bring something your town/state specializes in....candy, or whatever.

I would also like to take gifts for room attendants, condo owner, etcetera. Is there anything here in the US that is common, but hard to find or buy in Aruba? I'm looking for something that would be very much appreciated by the staff. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by alwayzrunning View Post
    Is there anything here in the US that is common, but hard to find or buy in Aruba? I'm looking for something that would be very much appreciated by the staff. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    I too am looking for suggestions.

Make sure that whatever gifts you bring are not wrapped until you arrive on the island because the TSA unwrapped all of our pretty little packages to check them out even tho they were in our checked luggage. Had to go out, buy paper and re-wrap everything.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> " take gifts for room attendants,"
    ---- For them the best is $$.

We have a female who we usually give cash who we would like get something special. Perhaps just a big bunch of vitamins since she says they are difficult for ther to get. The other person we shop for is very easy, I know one of his newer passions.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We have a female who we usually give cash who we would like get something special. Perhaps just a big bunch of vitamins since she says they are difficult for ther to get. The other person we shop for is very easy, I know one of his newer passions.
    Lisa, we will need ideas for "you know who' when we arrive in aruba. Any ideas what might be needed, or suitable for family or son?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Lisa, we will need ideas for "you know who' when we arrive in aruba. Any ideas what might be needed, or suitable for family or son?
    Will PM you.