Aruba Beach

Thread: Coolers

Coolers

I was wondering, anyone that has taken frozen food to aruba (last time put it in a suitcase, how do you bring it..Anyone bring a actual cooler.. I just saw one at target that is about the size of a carryon suitcase maybe a little smaller on wheels..that way I can use it down the beach also...whats your thoughts.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I have a friend that every year she brings frozen food. The cooler you describe sounds like a good idea to buy.

Well I think I can use it as a carryon, then put other things in it coming home? Ormaybe look for a collapsable one to stick in suitcase coming back?

[/url]

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    We bought a rolling cooler a few years ago at Costco. I love it because it folds down to about 2 inches thick and I can pack it in my suitcase. I have never used it to take food into Aruba. USAirways charges for the checked bags anyway so to me it is not worth the trouble or any potential savings over the supermarkets on island.

We fill it with ice, snacks and our beach beverages and roll it right down to the beach. I wouldn't leave home without it!

Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-23-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Can you bring frozen food on as a carryon?What I mean,can you bring frozen food onto the plane in your carryon?
    Last edited by DANNYO; 05-23-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Well a couple of years ago I did in a suitcase..but I wanted to get an actual cooler this time.. so I can use it down the beach too. I figure on the way back just put other stuff in it. I don't know will have to look at some of the collapsable ones too.

[/url]

I bought cool rolling cooler that folds up and plan to use it for the first time. I got it at Dick's sporting goods. I think it will be great. I think we will bring a bit more food this year since we will be there for two weeks. The cooler will be great to roll to the beach or pool. I was also given a neat round cooler that crunches down like an accordian.....not sure which we will bring....maybe both as I can let others in my family use one......I know they none of them will think to pack one.
    Next Aruba trip in

Hello
    I did bring my cooler with me on the plane I putt my laptop computer on it .I did buy it a Sams Clubs have wheel .I love my cooler at the Pool and the beach .I can make my own drink cool beer .
    ginette

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Every year we sneak away for a quick 5-day visit to Bermuda. We have been taking a cooler on wheels (Stop and Shop <$30) filled with frozen meat, rum!,cheese, coffee, etc -- no fresh veggies or fruit --and check it through. This way, when we come home, we can fill up the cooler with anything extra we've bought there! -- also put the things that can't go in a carry-on (shampoo, sunscreen...). We just take carry-ons on the plane. Never any problems with Jet Blue.