Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Credit VS Cash

Aruba since 1979
    yup....someone gave our son and dil a prepaid visa as a wedding gift .... which they tried to use on honeymoon in aruba.
    it was not accepted anywhere in aruba.

We always take cash, now. Our credit card has been compromised twice while we were in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
    We always take cash, now. Our credit card has been compromised twice while we were in Aruba.
    How much cash do you take with you on a daily basis? We are more than likely going to do this, but wondering what a good amt was for carrying around during the day

I think it depends on a number of factors. Do you gamble? How and where you dine? What activities do you plan to do, do you plan to have several drinks daily? All factors. I have seen people get by with well under $100 daily for a couple and that includes eating out with drinks, others need several hundred a day.

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    How much cash do you take with you on a daily basis? We are more than likely going to do this, but wondering what a good amt was for carrying around during the day

How much would you guys recommend to take when going to the BEACHES. Like for food/drinks. Two adults and 1 child. We will drink (soda) during the time we are there (possibly 3 each) and maybe a cheeseburger/fries meal if they have that each. What's a safe amount that we should take daily to the beach?

(We plan on hitting up every beach we can while there...but of course only eating at one daily. But, also plan on bringing our own lunch to some)

Aruba since 1979
    i would take $80 - $100 in cash and I would mix it up 1's and 5's and 10's.
    if you will be renting lounges/umbrellas you may need more $.

( i am thinking that this is a large amount, but better to be prepared then short $)

reminder.........when driving around to beaches do NOT leave anything in the car front or back.
    lock stuff in the trunk where it is not visible to would be thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    How much would you guys recommend to take when going to the BEACHES. Like for food/drinks. Two adults and 1 child. We will drink (soda) during the time we are there (possibly 3 each) and maybe a cheeseburger/fries meal if they have that each. What's a safe amount that we should take daily to the beach?

(We plan on hitting up every beach we can while there...but of course only eating at one daily. But, also plan on bringing our own lunch to some)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-27-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i would take $80 - $100 in cash and I would mix it up 1's and 5's and 10's.
    if you will be renting lounges/umbrellas you may need more $.

( i am thinking that this is a large amount, but better to be prepared then short $)

reminder.........when driving around to beaches do NOT leave anything in the car front or back.
    lock stuff in the trunk where it is not visible to would be thieves.

Better to be safe than sorry and any $$ not spent, will go toward maybe another beach at another time that I didn't account for.

Absolutely won't leave anything in site in the car. Thanks for the reminder.

I have a couple of different cases from these folks: http://www.witzsportcases.com/. They are waterproof and I can carry a credit card, room key and plenty of cash in it for use at the pool/beach and beach bars. I take the lanyard off and stick it in the zipper pocket of my swim trunks. I would think around $100 would be good for you per day. I tend to take 10s and 20s as fewer bills fit better in my case.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I have a couple of different cases from these folks: http://www.witzsportcases.com/. They are waterproof and I can carry a credit card, room key and plenty of cash in it for use at the pool/beach and beach bars. I take the lanyard off and stick it in the zipper pocket of my swim trunks. I would think around $100 would be good for you per day. I tend to take 10s and 20s as fewer bills fit better in my case.
    Thanks Walt, I just ordered two of these, one for the phone and one for other stuff. My last one was in my bag when they took it, lol.

I do have a dry pack. However, it doesn't seem to work good. It works fine in "regular" water and has never once leaked. In salt water...leaks every single time. So I don't even take it anymore. We always have someone up at the beach with our stuff when we go places, so I guess not "too" worried about someone ripping us off. I just don't seem to have any luck with ours.

Mine is similar to this (only black) and I got it about 7 years ago. It comes with the belt.

Credit VS Cash-257cac15-91c1-4837-8221-25a3bc4c9bee_1.c28443637d36a470b24769b1244f067a.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast