Aruba Beach

Thread: Duty Free At Airport

Baby Beach - have annual party there every February with Arubian and LaCabana friends. Eagle Beach.

Smile Duty Free At Airport

Bon Dia, Dushis: Have they opened any duty free shop with liquor on the way into Aruba. We used to be able to buy from the little kiosks but have not seen that in the last couple of years? I am heading down on Friday and was curious if I should just buy at Duty Free in Boston.

Thanks - G

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Buy in Boston. Kiosks not there anymore. AA has shop right after you pass thru the metal detectors on your right hand side. They open early. DOn't know if that is what you are flying....
    Last edited by cindyo; 02-04-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Up until last year we were offered duty free stuff on USAir. They still had it in November, but no booze....bummer...I was so cheap we bought enough for the entire trip and we able to keep the tab way down at the hotel.
    Not sure what flight you're on, I assume AA, but I would just get it at the airport and save the trouble of looking...BTW, have fun....we're not going till November....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Banned
    ya you should buy it in Boston
    Last edited by chithanh119; 04-07-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chithanh119 View Post
    ya you should buy it in Boston

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/customs-37169/#post132675
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    just returned from 5 great weeks at divi village, but got a surprise after we picked up our bags. all the years we have been going, (12) the aruban custom guys just waved as we walked thru. this time they stopped everyone and asked if we had cigs or alcohol to declare. kind of hard to say no when i had two large bags from the duty free store on my cart. got charged $29 duty on 2 1.75 liters of vodka and 1 liter of whiskey. they even opened up luggage and searched. guess they are finally enforcing the rules. sure made for an unpleasant start, but we survied and had a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Buy in Boston. Kiosks not there anymore. AA has shop right after you pass thru the metal detectors on your right hand side. They open early. DOn't know if that is what you are flying....
    CindyO.....it has been moved to the food court area beyond the AA metal detectors.

I called....don't want to leave anything to chance. Sample price.... 1 liter of absolute, $18.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I wish they still have the duty free upon exiting the planes.... I just buy my liquor before hand at Sam's and pack it. I make sure that I wrap it very good and never have any problems.

yea i would sggest to just buy it in boston. You can pack it but its heavier and do you really want to risk it breaking or spilling all over everythiong
    Hawaii: june 15th till june 21st Cant wait!!