Aruba Beach

Thread: Excluding Forums

In the pool.

Excluding Forums

Is there a way/tool to permanently exclude certain forums from showing up in search results?

Aruba since 1979
    are you inquiring of only
    certain categories/forums here?

no, i do not think so.
    but, i will make the inquiry
    or you can go to

In the pool.
    Not the entire forum... I'd like to exclude some of the postings appearing from sub-sections in the "Where to Stay" section - specifically, "Hotels" and "Time Shares". Thx.

Aruba since 1979
    i went to my profile
    then to general settings
    and all of the setting options...
    (no option for eliminating sub forums)

• Invisible Mode on
    • Invisible Mode off

Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.

vCard Download:
    • Allow vCard Download
    • Don't allow vCard download

You may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads.

Messaging & Notification

Receive Email:
    • Receive Email from Administrators
    • Receive Email from Other Members
    • Receive Friendship Request Email

From time to time, the administrators and/or other members may want to send you email notifications or messages. If you do not want to receive email from certain people then you may disable the options here
    Default Thread Subscription Mode: Do not subscribe Through my control panel only Instantly, using email Daily, using email Weekly, using email When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Private Messaging
    • Private Messaging:
      • Private Messaging on
      • Private Messaging off

This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
    • Receive Private Messaging:
      • Only from Contacts and Moderators
      • From all members

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
    • Email Notification of New Private Messages:
      • Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages
      • Don't receive Email Notification of new Private Messages

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
    • New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
      • Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
      • Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
    • Sent Private Messages:
      • Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
      • Don't save a copy of sent messages

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

• Likes Notifications:
      • Enable Likes Notifications
      • Disable Likes Notifications

Thread Display Options

Visible Post Elements:
    • Show Signatures
    • Show Avatars
    • Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
    Thread Display Mode: Linear - Oldest First Linear - Newest First Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please viewthis help page.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page: Use Forum Default Show 5 Posts Per Page Show 10 Posts Per Page Show 20 Posts Per Page Show 30 Posts Per Page Show 40 Posts Per Page Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
    Default Thread Age Cut Off: Use Forum Default Show threads from last day Show threads from last 2 days Show threads from last week Show threads from last 10 days Show threads from last 2 weeks Show threads from last month Show threads from last 45 days Show threads from last 2 months Show threads from last 75 days Show threads from last 100 days Show threads from last year Show all threads You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.

Date & Time Options

Time Zone: (GMT -12:00) Eniwetok, Kwajalein (GMT -11:00) Midway Island, Samoa (GMT -10:00) Hawaii (GMT -9:00) Alaska (GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (GMT -7:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada) (GMT -6:00) Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima (GMT -4:30) Caracas (GMT -4:00) Atlantic Time (Canada), La Paz, Santiago (GMT -3:30) Newfoundland (GMT -3:00) Brazil, Buenos Aires, Georgetown (GMT -2:00) Mid-Atlantic (GMT -1:00 hour) Azores, Cape Verde Islands (GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca (GMT +1:00 hour) Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris (GMT +2:00) South Africa, Cairo (GMT +3:00) Baghdad, Riyadh, Kaliningrad (GMT +3:30) Tehran (GMT +4:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Yerevan, Baku, Tbilisi, Moscow, St. Petersburg (GMT +4:30) Kabul (GMT +5:00) Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent (GMT +5:30) Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, New Delhi (GMT +5:45) Kathmandu (GMT +6:00) Almaty, Dhaka, Colombo, Ekaterinburg (GMT +6:30) Yangon, Cocos Islands (GMT +7:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta (GMT +8:00) Beijing, Perth, Singapore, Hong Kong (GMT +9:00) Tokyo, Seoul, Osaka, Sapporo (GMT +9:30) Adelaide, Darwin (GMT +10:00) Eastern Australia, Guam, Yakutsk (GMT +11:00) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Vladivostok (GMT +12:00) Auckland, Wellington, Fiji, Kamchatka All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.
    DST Correction Option: Automatically detect DST settings DST corrections always on DST corrections always off In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.

Start of the Week: Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Different parts of the world traditionally use a different day as the start of the week. Select the appropriate day for your region here, in order to have the calendar appear correctly.

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Forum Skin: Use Forum Default Aruba-Forum-Style Aruba Mobile Style There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.

Enhanced Attachment Uploading:
    • Enhanced Attachment Uploading on
    • Enhanced Attachment Uploading off

The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.

User Customizations:
    • Show User Customizations
    • Hide User Customizations

Other users can make customizations to some of their pages, such as their profile page. With this option you can choose to hide these customizations.

Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-21-2014 at 11:27 AM.

In the pool.
    Ok. Thanks anyway.

Aruba since 1979
    try ADVANCED SEARCH (just below the cover photo on the right)

Search In

Search Type: Forums Posts Groups Group Messages

Search for Posts

• Search Entire Posts Search Titles Only

User Name:

• Find Latest Posts by User Find Threads Started by User
    • Exact name

Additional Options

Search in Forum(s):
    • Search All Open Forums Search Subscribed Forums Aruba Community Bonbini / Welcome Aruba General Airlines & Airfares Getting Around on Aruba Let's meet up in Aruba My Aruba Story Culinary & Culture Family Vacations Nightlife Your Aruba Photos and Videos Activities & Sports Shopping Weddings & Honeymoons Moving to Aruba Where to Stay Hotels Timeshares Apartments & Condos Villas & Private Residences General Where to Stay Aruba Lounge Helpful Tips Aruba Snippets Off Topic Nederlandstalig Forum Algemeen Verblijf Attracties & Sportmogelijkheden Moderator Area Moderator discussions Infraction and post reporting discussion OLD: Timeshares
    • Also search in child forums

Find Threads with:
    • At Least At Most
    • Replies

Find Posts:
    • Any Date Your Last Visit Yesterday A Week Ago 2 Weeks Ago A Month Ago 3 Months Ago 6 Months Ago A Year Ago
    • and Newer and Older

Sort Results by:
    • Title Number of Replies Number of Views Thread Start Date Last Posting Date User Name Forum
    • in Descending Order in Ascending Order

Show Results as:
    • Threads
    Save Search Preferences Clear Search Preferences

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    You can search a single forum category rather than the entire forum. For example, if you're looking for a restaurant, go to the culinary forum and search there. There is a 'search forum' button to click on.

In the pool.
    I was hoping to have a permanent exclusion implemented so that when I click on "New Posts" it would only show posts relative to the threads I'm interested in. I'm sure there's a way to do it. I was just hoping somebody had a quick cheat sheet. If I figure it out, I'll post the "how".

Thanks for the suggestions though!