Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: food to pack from home

food to pack from home

Just wondering..........is there anything that I cannot bring into Aruba? We are a family of 6, so I am trying to bring lots of snacks for the kiddos.....pudding, jello, juice powder, poptarts, mac and cheese, PB, jelly, oatmeal etc. Can we bring a bottle of liquor?
    We really want to eat breakfast/lunch and most of our dinners in house....... taking the kids away from the pool and beach, then making them wait for food is torture..........last year, one of us made the meal, called the kids up to eat, then on their way they went...........such a nice time.

What is the one thing to not forget when it comes to food?
    Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    doesn't sound like that you are forgetting anything

in past years, we always took a few staples just in case lings didn't have what we wanted or they had too large of a size that we needed.

still, i always cook a turkey breast prior to our trip. slice it for sandwiches and freeze it. same too with a small spiral ham. then we extra wrap it and toss it in our carry on and believe it or not it is still partially frozen when we arrive! we have our turkey and ham sandwiches while in aruba. we are pita bread eaters, and i buy a few packs of those and toss them in our carry on.

yes you can bring a bottle or 2 or liquor. wrap and cushion it carefully in your checked luggagge.

you cannot bring fresh produce into aruba
    that being said, i have been known to bring in a couple of lemons, yes illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by alphamom73 View Post
    Just wondering..........is there anything that I cannot bring into Aruba? We are a family of 6, so I am trying to bring lots of snacks for the kiddos.....pudding, jello, juice powder, poptarts, mac and cheese, PB, jelly, oatmeal etc. Can we bring a bottle of liquor?
    We really want to eat breakfast/lunch and most of our dinners in house....... taking the kids away from the pool and beach, then making them wait for food is torture..........last year, one of us made the meal, called the kids up to eat, then on their way they went...........such a nice time.

What is the one thing to not forget when it comes to food?
    Thanks!

Foods To Bring

We will be leaivng this Sunday - can't wait! Besides fruit, are there any other foods you can't bring? I'm thinking of freezing bagels and butter and bringing them with us. Is that O.K.?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    We will be leaivng this Sunday - can't wait! Besides fruit, are there any other foods you can't bring? I'm thinking of freezing bagels and butter and bringing them with us. Is that O.K.?
    Yes that's fine! I also bring cans of Tuna. I happen to only like Bumble Bee and buy them when they are on sale and save them for our trip. I also bring boxes of Rice Pilaf (love the Far East brand), small boxes of biscuit or corn bread makings, easy mac, etc.

Andrea...Love the Pita idea...never thought of them, plus they don't weight much and you don't have to worry about them getting squished.

Have a great time Cookie (that's my sister's name, I love it) and alphamom

Maybe it's because I shop at Certified, but I don't find the prices in Aruba that much different from those here in NJ. Doesn't seem worth the bother to pack stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    Maybe it's because I shop at Certified, but I don't find the prices in Aruba that much different from those here in NJ. Doesn't seem worth the bother to pack stuff up.
    Auntie - I may have asked this before. It seems the closer we get the more I get so excited I can't remember anything. Where is Certified located???
    Easter in Aruba

We don't bring anything with us anymore. It just doesn't pay as the supermarkets have everything we need and as Auntie Mame said, the prices are not that different especially at Certified.

Quote Originally Posted by palmtre2 View Post
    Where is Certified located???
    On LG Smith Blvd across from the old Bushiri
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.529806&lon=-70.050405&z=17&l=0&m=h&v=2

Aruba since 1979
    i pretty much agree with you about packing food. yrs ago when we were in aruba the first time, we needed to bring food.

the pita bread at certified, lings, and hong king is sold as frozen and i don't like it.

re: the pricing of everything............paul and i find that the grocery prices in aruba are maybe 20% higher than here in e. massachusetts

re: us bringing our turkey and ham. we do not like deli sliced turkey or ham and if i can do it at home and bring it frozen and home prepared i have no problem bringing a few items.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post

Bringing Food on Plane

I know I did this a few years back but don't know if things have changed.
    We are staying at Marriott. I want to bring some food with me such as Calzones that are frozen, also frozen sauce & meatballs figure thats 2 nights in for dinner. Should I carry them on? What do you think has anyone else brought frozen food with them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast