Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: food to pack from home

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We've know people that have packed frozen spaghetti sauce, meatballs, steaks, coldcut, beer, english muffins...I said b4, its fun watching the amount of boxes come off the belt that you know are food.. Way to much energy for me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    frozen spaghetti sauce, meatballs, steaks,
    I would make stuff ahead and freeze to bring for dinners so I didn't have to cook while there.

BUT we don't because neither of us wants to cook on vacation.

Cool Food From Home

saw the archive post put in the year 2009 does anyone who stays in aruba for a week bring food from home to cut down on food expese. frozen meats and condiments and maybe some alchol. trying to save money so I can bring back souverneirs.

New 2 Aruba

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lots and lots of people bring frozen food over. The airport is full of rolling coolers chuck full. As long as its checked in it shouldn't be a problem. Freeze away..

Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-23-2010 at 04:39 PM.

My parents and their two friends stay for three weeks and they bring a ton of food, all frozen of course, they brings ribs, steaks, chicken, cold cuts...definitely worth it in terms of savings and if you're going to be there for more than a week it helps change things up when you don't want to go out. They have no trouble bringing it through the airport and they generally check the bag.

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island

Frozen Food

For the past 4 yrs we have brought frozen food from home. We use fold up coolers - omaha steaks are vaccum sealed we bring a few steaks, hotdogs, 1/2 of a turkey breast and pack frozen juices to keep things nice and cold and we use the juices when mixing drinks. coolers fold nicely back into suitcases for the trip home. When we use to stay for 1 week we didn't bring food items but in recent years we have stayed for 2 weeks this year we are able to swing 3 weeks. we buy everything else at Ling's. either way you look at whether you bring food or not you are in Aruba and that is the most important thing!!

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island

food from home

We also bring our own booze from home (not beer) we bring capt morgan, vodka; khalua, baileys (yes you got it MUDSLIDES ) are our traditional start off Aruba - now don't forget I have the frozen juices with my food so I am alset for cocktails in my room and at night when we decide to just sit on our patio - and I would advise to bring some bug spray
    I usually bring the bug wipes it is easier to travel with and I put some in my purse....I could go on but I am sure others will give their ideas as wel

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    Im telling you all inclusive is the way to go.... Just bring a 3lb. bag of peanut M&Ms for your chocolate fix, should last you about 3 weeks...

Smile food from uk

Hi everyone, new to the forum although have been reading your postings for a couple of months. We are visiting Aruba for the first time in 3 weeks (can't wait). I have been very interested in your discussion about bringing food into Aruba, but it seems most of you are from the US, and I wondered if there would be any different issues because we are from the UK. As far as I am aware, we cant take anything into the US from the UK, is it different in Aruba. We would like to bring some pre-packed cooked meats to try and save a few dollars (the exchange rate has plummeted since we booked!) but I don't want to break any rules. Any help would be appreciated,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast