Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: food to pack from home

Quote Originally Posted by jontedkes View Post
    We would like to bring some pre-packed cooked meats to try and save a few dollars (the exchange rate has plummeted since we booked!) but I don't want to break any rules. Any help would be appreciated,
    Welcome to the forum.

In that you have such a long flight and are coming all the way from the UK, my only worry is keeping the meat cold enough that it would safe to eat upon arrival. I hate to hear of anyone getting food poisoning at home, nevermind while on vacation.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-16-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

In that you have such a long flight and are coming all the way from the UK, my only worry is keeping the meat cold enough that it would safe to eat upon arrival. I hate to hear of anyone getting food poisoning at home, nevermind while on vacation.
    Thanks for that. My idea is to freeze the pre-packs then pack them in a coolbag, so should be ok, the hold of the aicraft is cold, so hoping it would stay, at least, well chilled. It doesn't appear to be a problem, then, taking the foodstuffs in?

Quote Originally Posted by jontedkes View Post
    Thanks for that. My idea is to freeze the pre-packs then pack them in a coolbag, so should be ok, the hold of the aicraft is cold, so hoping it would stay, at least, well chilled. It doesn't appear to be a problem, then, taking the foodstuffs in?
    Can you phone your airline? Not familiar with UK to Aruba flights. It is done from the US all of the time without a problem.

I have only been to Aruba twice before, I have done many of the tours offered and found the island just wonderful. The beaches are my favorite though. open for suggestions from those who know the great spots to go!
    I am returning for my thrid trip to Aruba and will also be bringing food to help cut down on eating out so much. Has anyone ever packed those small boxes of milk like you can find at health food stores and if so, any problems?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345