Aruba Beach

Thread: Haggling

I just got back from Egypt for 15 days and learned to haggle like a pro. I can't wait to get back to Aruba and do some shopping!

Any Aruba beach...
    Curious, did you have to "haggle" at the pyramids? My parents made the mistake of handing over their camera to a security guard who would not give them back THEIR own camera without first paying him a "fee".

Hope you had a great trip!

Arubalisa, I had the exact same problem at Dunn River Falls in Ochos Rios about 15 years ago. The "tour guide" took all our cameras so we could climb the falls and not drop our camera on the falls. My then wife could not make the complete climb and wanted the camera back to take pictures, guide said NO! I was a little p....d!

Once I completed the climb, I went to the guide and asked for my camera back back. He said no tip, no camera! I said to him my wife wanted back earlier and you refused and now you expect a tip from me?? He said again no tip no camera! I gave the jerk a buck and the guide gave me my camera and proceeeded to call me a cheap American!
    Last edited by Skippy; 03-11-2010 at 09:47 AM.