Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: How many shirts and shorts?

  1. #51
    Member peapod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    the beachs
    Posts
    60
    I wear a good pair of flip flops on the plane, makes it very easy to take on and off through security instead of untying laces. I also take dress sandals for dinner, sometimes tennis shoes for shopping in town.
    My husband says I pack to many but they really dont take up that much room. I always overpack on the clothes. They have a nice laundry and that Tam so I guess if I packed lighter I could always utilize that.

  2. #52
    Junior Member RFAMIGLIETTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Madame Janettes, Rumba's, Driftwood, El Goucho, Marina Parata all for dining. So many places. I love the shopping in town as well as shopping by the Highrises. I go in & out of all the hotels.
    Posts
    24

    Don't Overpack

    Hi, This July will be our 8th year of going to Aruba. I can tell you that we go for 2 weeks every year and I don't even check a bag anymore. All you need are your bathing suits, a few pairs of shorts, tanks and a few sundresses. Don't forget to roll all your things in suitcase, they take up much less room that way. Enjoy and have a wonderful time!

  3. #53
    Senior Member Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Any beach, party, bar or Casino!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by RFAMIGLIETTI View Post
    Hi, This July will be our 8th year of going to Aruba. I can tell you that we go for 2 weeks every year and I don't even check a bag anymore. All you need are your bathing suits, a few pairs of shorts, tanks and a few sundresses. Don't forget to roll all your things in suitcase, they take up much less room that way. Enjoy and have a wonderful time!
    Ya, Id look good in a sundress

  4. #54
    Senior Member lrealnurse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    anywhere there is a beach and water
    Posts
    253
    We packed way too many clothes, think light. All you need are a few clothes that could fit in a carry on... 3/4 of the clothes that we brought were never worn..


    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

    Lisa

  5. #55
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,924
    exactly
    from 8 am to 5 pm, bathing suit, cover up, flip flops, hat

    from 6pm - bed, shorts and a decent looking top, sandals or sneakers.

    bed....PJs or whatever.

    the clothes that i wear in the evening for dinner or to the casino really could be worn again....cept for the stench of the smoke from the casinos.
    Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    We packed way too many clothes, think light. All you need are a few clothes that could fit in a carry on... 3/4 of the clothes that we brought were never worn..


    Lisa

  6. #56
    Senior Member lrealnurse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    anywhere there is a beach and water
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    exactly
    from 8 am to 5 pm, bathing suit, cover up, flip flops, hat

    from 6pm - bed, shorts and a decent looking top, sandals or sneakers.

    bed....PJs or whatever.

    the clothes that i wear in the evening for dinner or to the casino really could be worn again....cept for the stench of the smoke from the casinos.

    two things that is essential sunblock and bug spray. we got bit even with the breeze, forgot the "Off" and we saw many people with huge bug bites, especially on their legs.... ouch...

    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

    Lisa

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Posts
    263
    Are 2 suits enough? Or do I need to bring 3?

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Posts
    263
    Oops sorry - I will be there 9 days

  9. #59
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,924
    bring 3 bathing suits and delete a pair of shorts of slacks or capris.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsangel7681 View Post
    Are 2 suits enough? Or do I need to bring 3?

  10. #60
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177

    Thumbs up Another vote...

    3 suits
    1 to wear
    1 will be damp
    1 will be dry in case you need / want to change in the middle of the day

    Imo, there is nothing worse than putting on a damp or wet bathing suit. With the humidity in Aruba, suits take awhile to dry. Don't be tempted to put your suit out on your patio or balcony. Otherwise, wave bye bye and it will belong to the wind! A forum member here even tried suction cups to attach the suits to their slider and the suits disappeared .

    Should we take a poll on whether or not you rinse you suit in fresh water before hanging up to dry?

    Over the years, and through my experience in retail, I can attest to the fact that your colors will hold up better if you rinse your suit after each wear. Fresh water flush in the sink does the trick.

    Also, to get more wear out of your suit at the pool, do not sit on those inviting steps or swim outs either , doing so will pill the bottom of your suit.


Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO