Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How to Pack for 10 days using only carry on

Banned
    For us our problem is that our carry-on bags usually each have a laptop and I have a lot of camera gear that I won't check. So we each check a bag but our United status gets us one or two bags free. Sadly we now just accept the fact that most airlines charge something for checked bags and we just figure that into the price of the trip. If you just have essential clothing a carry on suitcase works but if you have tech gear and cameras our clothes go in the checked bags.

I would love to just bring our carry ons but we bring our snorkel gear and need the big suitcase for the fins. depending on the location, we will bring our bags on the plane going to our destination but check them going home. Especially if we have a long layover and go into town.

I love this topic. We have 5 people. We will have 5 carry ons. I just bought some ebags to help organize the packing. One of the reasons we chose Aruba was because it is casual (less stuff). My husband dresses up all week, he has the only shorts rule on vacation. We aren't going for 10 days though.

I am going to buy one of those personal vault type things to attach to a lounge chair. Does anyone know if the plastic ones give you any grief with TSA? There is a soft packable one that I found on Amazon also. (btw, I got this idea from reading a trip report on this forum. Thank you!)

The reason we are going with carry ons is $25 per bag, per flight with JetBlue. Its not cheap getting 5 people to Aruba. Convenience! One bag each to keep track of.

We will each have a travel size sunscreen in our bag.

Oh, does anyone know if a backpack is ok as the "personal item". My daughter is being taken out of school for this trip. Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    i hope travel size sunscreen in enough. hopefully you will each have 3 or more!

a school backpack/daypack is a personal item as long as it fits under the seat.

no issues with the vacation vaults or the pac safes with tsa

SS....i am waiting for your kids to have you ask about internet/iphone usage
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan&Sunshine View Post
    I love this topic. We have 5 people. We will have 5 carry ons. I just bought some ebags to help organize the packing. One of the reasons we chose Aruba was because it is casual (less stuff). My husband dresses up all week, he has the only shorts rule on vacation. We aren't going for 10 days though.

I am going to buy one of those personal vault type things to attach to a lounge chair. Does anyone know if the plastic ones give you any grief with TSA? There is a soft packable one that I found on Amazon also. (btw, I got this idea from reading a trip report on this forum. Thank you!)

The reason we are going with carry ons is $25 per bag, per flight with JetBlue. Its not cheap getting 5 people to Aruba. Convenience! One bag each to keep track of.

We will each have a travel size sunscreen in our bag.

Oh, does anyone know if a backpack is ok as the "personal item". My daughter is being taken out of school for this trip. Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    SS here is the pacsafe
    way better than the plastic vacation vault
    http://www.ebags.com/product/pacsafe...uctid=10308666

We're now up to 21 days with just a carry on, with laptops, tablets included. It's going to even easier and we'll start storing some clothing in our condo.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i hope travel size sunscreen in enough. hopefully you will each have 3 or more!

a school backpack/daypack is a personal item as long as it fits under the seat.

no issues with the vacation vaults or the pac safes with tsa

SS....i am waiting for your kids to have you ask about internet/iphone usage
    It probably won't be enough sunscreen.

That was it! I knew there was another question. Cell phones. I want to be able to text if we split up and I am sure the kids will be "snapchatting" their adventures. What do I have to know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    SS here is the pacsafe
    way better than the plastic vacation vault
    http://www.ebags.com/product/pacsafe...uctid=10308666
    That is a bit more than the others I was looking at. Worth the price? Its seems pretty big. Phones and money. No laptops or ipads going with us.

Edited to Add: I see a smaller version. Its in my shopping cart. Thank you!
    Last edited by Susan&Sunshine; 03-21-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    24 days in aruba and just a carry on but we do have a washer/dryer and after many trips, you know what you wear and what you don't. and i bring alot of basic tops that go with everything. seriously, no one is paying as much attention to what you wear as you do. you could wear the same thing every 5 days and no one would know (even my husband doesn't know, lol)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12